Ch. 1: Missed me?

It is in an animal's nature to fight. For territory, survival, and its family and offspring.

It is in its instincts to hunt. For food, shelter, and a compatible mate.

Humans are no different, as they are animals at heart. The only difference is the hunting grounds.

The club was upscale.

It was renowned, exclusive, and expensive.

Not the cliché that every woman was a supermodel, and all the men movie-star hot. It was another kind of cliché. Those who frequented the club had business connections, money, or the looks to get in.

Superficial world, yes, but a reality, nonetheless.

Businessmen, upper management, and high-end corporate hoes were plentiful. There were the classic millionaire and billionaire boys, many jet-set heirs, and celebrities. Of course, the usual hang-arounds, trying to feed off the crumbs from the rich man's table and, undoubtedly, some of the shadier variety from where the money was not exactly legit when earned. Regardless, the money was worth the same when spent there.

Other than that, the club was pretty much as one could expect.

Dark; flashed into brightness by the different colored fluorescent lights around the bar areas and the light shows on the dance floors. The four rooms that made up the club had different themed bars and a large DJ podium, where some self-proclaimed music guru took charge of the rhythms. There were booths and tables arranged in different sizes for seating. The VIP tables with little, fenced-in seating areas for privacy came with a personal hostess.

She danced on the dancefloor in the largest of the four rooms.

The music changed style from time to time; she was out there whenever it was something sultry, writhing her body sensually to the beat. She did not really dance with anybody, but she allowed people to join her and let them grind their bodies against hers. That was as far as it went. They all knew she would not let it go any further. 

Mostly, she danced in a world of her own.

It did not stop them from trying.

She knew she was good-looking. Men commonly used the word 'hot' to describe her, and though she was not conceited, she liked that description.

She had worked hard for it.

Her body was still in a way marked by her being overweight earlier in life. She had curves. Her stomach was not as flat as she wanted, though it looked flat; she was well-proportioned now. A nice pair of perky breasts - with a bit of aid from a plastic surgeon - though she had never wanted to get her breasts done. After losing weight, the skin of her breasts had lost its elasticity, and the fullness was gone, so she had chosen to get it done. That had resulted in a set of perfectly rounded globes, fitting in size to her, finally, more delicate frame.