Ch. 57: Let's get this shit done

Crawling through the field outside the compound, Stanislav coordinated all the snipers into position. Usually, that was Cracker's job, but that night it was Stanislav's, and he had large shoes to fill.

The terrain was flat and there was not much cover for them to move unseen, so they stayed low. Luckily, the cover of night helped a lot. The January air was crisp, and the ground almost frozen, though there was no snow.

The grass crunched under them as they crawled, yielding and breaking from their weight. Night vision goggles helped to keep a good view of their assigned areas.

Scouts had been out there all day to mark where the best targets were, when guards changed their shifts, and any change in numbers that could prove important. Any rotation routines in guards was an advantage when storming the place. All information they had relayed to the hackers who had run simulations for the leaders to go through and figure out where and how they best placed the snipers.

Stanislav commanded twenty-four snipers, each with their own set of coordinates to reach and wait for the go-ahead. They would clear the way for the ground teams. Take down perimeter guards and lookouts fast and silently. When done, they would join the others and help the ground teams.

They set up their rifles and confirmed locations to Stanislav, who relayed the information to Lady Luck, the hacker team coordinator of the snipers.

"Snipers are in position," Lady Luck informed through the comm link for all to know.

The ground teams moved in from three different sides with their own entry points, and then mission-based locations to reach once inside.

One group would enter from the southern parking lot, where they would neutralize the people in the house and area guards the snipers had not taken out. The many cars parked there would offer a good deal of cover for them while they moved in after having entered through a hole in the fence surrounding it.

Lucky for them, Vasyl had accepted enough sick fuckers to attend the party and called in enough men to have plenty of cars fill the lot.

Guided by the snipers on that side, two men had crawled close and cut the fence, leaving only two points to cut when they stormed the place. An open hole in the fence would raise a lot of suspicions they did not need, so they had to leave it looking intact until the last minute.

From the looks of it, only a few guards were assigned parking duty. So far, there was no sign that Vasyl was onto them. He might be so far up his own ass that he thought they would not find his choice of venue for his devious plan. Believing what he did was foolproof.

Maybe why the fences were not electrical ones, and why no security cameras were set up to monitor the outside of the compound.

Delusions of grandeur worked for them.

"Parking lot teams are in place and holding. All the cars there give excellent cover," Aces confirmed about his teams.

Another group had to enter from the main entrance of the compound. It was on the Western side, almost at the North end wall. Guard buildings on both sides protected the wide entrance area, where guards controlled two sliding iron gates to let people in and out. It was the only official access to the compound, leading from the main road some miles away.

Nobody came there by accident. Most people did not know the tobacco place was there. It had closed years back. And the few who knew about it probably cared little about its existence. There was no reason for anybody to go to a closed factory. That meant, once Vasyl's guests and men were inside, the probability of more people coming by was very slim.