3 Don't Talk to Strangers: Part 5

The next thing I knew, I was standing in the basement, next to a dozen or so other girls in the same clothes as me, sadly watching over my now unmoving body. In the crowd, I recognized Valerie, Maggie, Kelly, and Hannah. Then I heard someone crying. I looked down and saw David.

He was lying over me, arms wrapped around me, and he was crying.

"Why did you make me do this to you? You should have listened to my instructions." He sniffled. "I loved you. And you just gave up on us."

Valerie looked at me sadly. "I'm so sorry. We thought you would be the one to get away."

"My mom will never know what happened to me." Maggie cried.

One of the girls I didn't recognize pulled her into a hug and comforted her. She stroked her hair. "None of our family knows." She looked up at me. "I'm sorry you're stuck here with us now too."

David got up and wiped himself off. He walked over and grabbed a rag, wetting it in the sink. He returned to my body and began cleaning my face.

I looked at Valerie. "I can still help you. I'll let everyone know where he put your bodies."

"She doesn't understand what happened," Hannah said and looked at Valerie. "She doesn't realize she's dead."

I shook my head. "No, just listen to me." My vision started to blur again. "Just tell me where he put you, and I will get you home."

Valerie shook her head. "I don't understand."

I blinked my eyes a few times as the girls started to fade in and out. "Please, quickly."

Valerie sighed and stepped forward. "If it helps, the barn. He put us—"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I gasped for air. I opened my eyes and saw David kneeling in front of me. He was removing one of the high heels he had put on me as he cried.

His face was in complete shock. "No. No, no, no. You were—"

I kicked him in the face with my shoe, sending the heel straight into his eye.

He screamed as he fell back and grabbed for his face.

I jumped up and straddled his chest. "You son of a bitch!" I punched him in the face several times as hard as I could. "I've killed hundreds of monsters throughout my life, and you will not be the one to take me down!" I punched him repeatedly again. "You deserve to rot in Hell for what you did to those girls!" I shouted and leaned in toward his bloodied, swollen face. "I know the guy who runs the place, and trust me, you'll get what's coming to you," I whispered.

I stood up, blood dripping from my knuckles. A dull pain began radiating from my hand but quickly subsided. I walked over to the "kitchen" and grabbed a knife from the wooden block. As I pulled it out, it felt much lighter than a typical kitchen knife. I looked at it more closely. It was a plastic knife.

I tossed the knife on the floor and looked around for something else. My eyes stopped on a massive, cast iron pan. "Perfect."

I grabbed the pan and walked over to David, who was just a bloody lump on the floor at this point, sniveling and whimpering.

I stood over David and leaned down. "Why did you make me do this to you?"

David reached his hand out weakly. "Please. Have mercy."

"You didn't have any," I said and raised the pan above my head.

I forced it down as hard as I could, gripping the handle so tight that it hurt. David's head crunched from the blow, his hand falling to the floor as blood pooled around his body.