11 Welcome Home: Part 4

After giving Kendra and Roger proper hunters funerals, I offered Jake a place to stay with Garth, Nate, and me, until he was ready. I knew Garth wouldn't have a problem with it. Then I drove him back to the motel, just as the sun was rising.

When we walked into the room, Nate and Garth were frantically pacing and talking on their phones. As soon as they saw me, they hung up and walked over.

"Where the hell have you been?" Nate asked as he pulled me into a firm hug.

"Jake?" Garth asked, and Nate pulled away from me. "What happened?"

Jake ignored the question and walked somberly over to the couch. He plopped down and then curled up.

"Jake's going to stay with us for a while," I said.

Garth nodded. "Okay, no problem." He looked over his shoulder at Jake and then back at me. "What happened?" he whispered.

"Talk about it later," I whispered back, then quickly went back to talking normally so Jake wouldn't know we were talking about him. "Um, yeah, so... I think Dean's been in Purgatory this whole time."

Garth looked stunned. "Like Purgatory Purgatory?"

I nodded. "Yes. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. He killed a leviathan, and then him, Cass, and Dick Roman all disappear? Leviathan go to Purgatory just like any other monster we kill. It would make sense that when Dean killed Dick and they all just vanished, that Dick somehow pulled them into Purgatory with him."

"Do we even know how to get to Purgatory?" Nate asked, "Or where it is?"

I shook my head. "No, that's what Crowley was trying to figure out all that time, but once the leviathan got released on Earth, everyone's priorities changed."

"So what do we do now?" Garth asked.

I shrugged. "Research. Talk to the right people. Something." I shook my head. "If that's where he is, I don't know how much time we have left, if we have any at all."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

September 9th, 2014

After going into town to pick up some things, I came back to a seemingly dark and empty cabin.

"Hello?" I asked, confused and slightly worried.

There was no sound or anything, so I decided to hurry down to the basement and make sure everyone was okay. After opening the door, I was yet again greeted by nothing but darkness and silence. There was only a faint glow from a flickering light coming from down the hallway. It seemed to be spilling out of the "chill room." I pulled out my knife and cautiously crept down the hall.

When I turned into the room, a table had been set up with candles, but the room was still dark and empty.

"Hello?" I called out again.

I heard a slight scuffling sound behind me, and I quickly turned with my knife ready.

"Whoa!" Nate yelled, putting a hand up in defense as he stood up. "It's just me. I realize now, this was probably the worst way to go about this."

I sheathed my knife. "Go about what?"

He took a deep breath. "I know that it's been a bit chaotic the past few weeks, trying to find Dean and all. And I've been thinking about doing this for a little while." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box.

My breath started to quicken. The room felt like it was a thousand degrees. "What. Um. What's in the box?" I paused for a second. "What's in the box?!" I did my best Brad Pitt impression, trying to cover my own anxiety.