4 Run to the Hills: Part 2

While Garth and I waited for Nate to come back with the supplies, we played a couple rounds of darts. Garth was eerily good at it.

He suddenly looked toward the door. "Nate's back."

"What?" I asked, "How do you know that?"

He furrowed his brow at me. "You can't smell it?"

I shook my head. "Smell what?"

Nate burst through the door with three pizza boxes. "Pizza's here! Eat up before it gets cold." He set it down on the dining room table and set the grocery bags down on the counter. "I'll be right back." Then he rushed back outside.

He came back with a few bags of groceries and a six-pack of wine coolers. He handed the wine coolers to Garth. "They were all out of fuzzy navel, so I got you pina colada."

Garth's eyes lit up. "Awesome!" He grabbed the wine coolers and put them under his arm.

My stomach growled when the smell of the pizza hit me. "So, pizza?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm starving," Nate said.

"Me too." I hurried over to the boxes and opened the lid, and immediately lost my appetite.

The pizza was covered in what looked like pickle slices. There was an unhealthy amount of ranch dressing drizzled over the slices, and a large pile of crumbled beef was layered between the pickles and ranch.

I looked at Garth and Nate. "Is there anything better?"

Garth laughed. "Better than the Dill Burger? I don't think so."

Nate nudged me. "Yeah, the Dill Burger is the most famous pizza in town." He reached down and grabbed himself two slices.

I gestured towards the second box. "Well, what about this one?"

Garth smiled wide. "That right there makes the big wigs at the Biggerson's Corporation green with envy."

I looked at him, a bit confused. "Um. Why?"

Nate flipped open the top. "'Cause it's the Happee Meal Pizza, that, of course, is trademark pending."

I looked down at the pizza. It was covered in cheese, french fries, chicken nugget pieces, and chunks of burger.

I shrugged. "It seems like you guys just really wanted fast food. Why didn't you just grab some burgers while you were out?"

Garth got very serious. "Maddi, if we did that, then we never could have gotten it on the pizza. That's the whole point."

I put my hands up in defense. "Okay, sorry." I nodded at the last box. "What's the other one?"

"Well, normally we only get these two and split 'em, but since you're here... I thought we'd try something new," Nate said.

I shook my head. "I won't eat anything close to an entire pizza."

He shrugged. "Yeah, but Garth and I will. I wanted to make sure you had food too." He flipped the lid back on the last box dramatically. "Welcome home... The Thanksgiving Dinner Pizza."

The pizza was covered in mashed potatoes, chunks of turkey, stuffing, and then drizzled with gravy and cranberry sauce. The crust, holding the monstrosity together, had dinner rolls around the edge.

"You couldn't have just gotten pepperoni?" I asked, shaking my head at the mess.

Garth chuckled. "How are you not impressed? It's like an entire meal baked into a pie. Talk about yum."

I shrugged. "I guess you either gotta be a dude or super stoned to enjoy these."

Nate gulped. "Um, yeah, or something."