Chapter 27🌼

“You may see her now, she's awake” The doctor announced to us as Kike immediately sprang up.

Relief spread across her face as she faced the doctor.

“Thank you” She said before hurriedly walking into Remi's room.

I gave a curtly nodded as I walked past the doctor, following Kike but stopping at the door pane.

Remi just turned on the hospital bed, pretending like no one walked in.

“Remi, I was so worried. I hope you are fine now” Kike asked as Remi ignored Kike completely.

Wow, ungrateful much.

“Remi, are you okay?” Kike asked, slightly placing her hand on her arm.

“What do you think?” Remi finally replied but in an extremely rude tone.

“I... I'm really sorry for not telling you about this. I knew you wouldn't be able to bear it.” Kike stammered as Remi rolled her eyes with a scoff.

“So, how did that go? Always you with being so selfless.” Remi said as I almost furrowed my brows.

I recalled saying the exact same thing.

“I'm really sorry. I can't stand to see you mad at me like this.” Kike pleaded as Remi shrugged her hand off.

“Stop. Have had enough. You. Always you. Everything is always about Kike. From you always talking about your problems, to you always trying to solve everything. You always trying to take the spotlight or feel more special.”Remi spat as Kike's face flinched at each hurtful statement thrown at her.

“Remi, don't say that. I'm so...” Kike said in a pleading tone as fresh tears flowed down her cheek.

“You know what, just get out. I can't talk to you right now.”Remi mumbled facing away from Kike with an uninterested look on her face.

Whoa! I'm not the type to reconcile or do mediator, so I just watched the drama unfold.

“What?” Kike asked as she touched her arm again.

“Get out” Remi yelled throwing off Kike's hands off her body.

At that Kike moves back, shock completely taking over as she slapped her hand over her mouth, sobbing lightly.

She then ran out with tears flowing down her cheek, as I stepped towards Remi to say something.

I had never been the type of guy to butt in or even care but today, I found myself saying something.

“I know you are sad and angry but...” I tried to continue but Remi cut me off rudely.

“If you want to say anything about Kike then get out. Does everything have to revolve around her? Let me guess, you are also head over heels for her?”She asked as I immediately lost interest in talking.

Head over heels?

“Yeah. I know you are, just like everyone else. Just like Seun, that shit head of a boyfriend” She yelled slapping a bottle of water off the table.

I decided to give a bit of space, so she could venge out her anger.

I walked over to Kike, seeing her crying uncontrollably in the hospital waiting room.

“It's okay. She just needs space to clear her head” I told her, sitting down beside her before slithering my arms down her shoulders as she pressed her forehead against my chest.

I heard her mumble some words before she sobbed unto my chest and I on the other hand, couldn't explain how my heart suddenly picked up its speed.