Chapter 38🌼

Giveon's Heartbreak Anniversary played as I strolled through Instagram.

Honestly, I couldn't explain how I felt. I just felt like I just exist.

Like this feeling of emptiness.

It has been close to a month and I haven't heard from Rotimi.

I had always claimed I never wanted to see him but I hate the feeling of wondering where he probably is and stuff.

I huffed a sigh as I slipped my phone into my hoodie pocket and stood up grabbing the pair of crutches resting on the wall.

I was grateful to God for quick recovery. All I had to do now was to ditch crutches but honestly, I don't think I can for now.

I don't think I'm ready yet.

I moved towards the front of the mirror and accessed my hair and how rough it was.

I wouldn't deny that my hair is my signature look. My hair makes me, Kike.

I sat in front of the mirror and slowly combed the tangles out neatly.

* * * * * * * *

“Wake uppp” I heard as I blinked my eyes open.

I was really enjoying that sleep.

“Whutttt?!” I asked in a whiny tone.

“I'm back, duhhhh” Teni said as she crashed on my bed making the bed sheet rumple.

Teni and this habit. But anyways, I was so glad I wasn't in the hospital anymore.

I let out a sigh as I shook my head.

“I wish you would just get better soon so we could take some shots. You are our best model” She said as I laughed.

“No dey whine me o” I told her as I slapped her back painfully.

“It's true naw” She replied as I shrugged.

“That's true, you still haven't heard from my brother” Teni brought up as my mood immediately turned sour.

What kind of person just plays some stupid joke and dissappears?

It's been a month.

“Me? How am I supposed to head from him?” I asked her as she nodded with a weird look.

“Okay, just asking because he travelled some weeks ago and he was supposed to return last week but I haven't heard from him. I'll ask Ayo later” She said as she shrugged grabbing a pillow and placing it under her head.

Since last week?

Where could he be?

Is he not back yet?

Different questions popped into my head but I reminded myself I didn't care before forcing my self back into sleep.

* * * * * * * *
“Thank you, Doctor” I appreciated as I struggled to walk out his office with each crutches at my side, giving me support.

Okay, I held out the little piece of paper in my hand as I tried to read the doctor's handwriting.

Doctors never have good handwriting. It's like bad handwriting is mandatory in their profession.

What is this?

I squinted my eyes as I tried to read what was written on the paper.

Ehhh!! Whatever. It's the pharmacists job anyway.

“One minute, mummy. Let me just check” I heard as I turned to see a girl running away from her yelling mother towards me.

“Jade, if you don't get back here, I will beat the hell out of you. You will not kill me, this girl. Let me just count 1 to....” She yelled as the little girl ran even faster away from the mother but her mother got interrupted by the girl's scream.