Chapter 30🌼

Playlist▶️: it's okay not to be okay by Demi Lovato and Marshmello

So guys, it's obvious that Kike, is the life of the party in this story and I miss her and her point of views. So like let's speed things up a bit.

3 months later

Rotimi's POV

“Sir...... Sirrrrrr” I heard a yell from behind me as I turned around to see a little girl approaching me.

“Yes, can I help you?” I asked her impatiently as I turned around to look at her.

“It's me, Jade abi have you forgotten me?” She asked as I sighed.

How can I forget this talkative?

*Not long ago!*

I continued to just lay on my bed without doing anything in particular.

I heard another message come into my phone as I felt like smashing it.

I grabbed the phone as I checked the texts all from Rachael, and suddenly, irritation spiralled in me.

Rachael💖(7):

Babe! I'm so sorry.

I swear, I didn't know she would leave.

Wait, are you ignoring me for that useless maid?

Jeez, I guess it's true after all. Those poor rats took over your brain for your money.

Answer me or else I'll go and meet your parents.

I'm warning you!!

I'm sorry, I love you, Timi.

I shook my head at the text before finally noticing the emoji beside her name. I guess I had other things to worry about than a stupid contact name.

I checked my call list and mehn, my parents were so persistent.

Rachael was probably with them, giving them her fake sob story.

I heard a buzz from my phone, it was my mother.

I reluctantly picked up.

“Rotimi, we would take the next flight to Lagos. You must get rid of that shameless househelp of yours. Have you forgotten you will soon be married? Even if she has no shame, don't you have any?” She yelled from over the phone as I stayed silent.

“Rotimi, mo nba e soro” She yelled but I still refused to reply.

“Don't worry, we'll see when I come to...” She yelled on but I hung up the phone.

I sighed as I sunk deeper into my bed as a conversation with Kike suddenly popped in my head.

“Don't you go to church?” She asked me as she laid a blanket on the floor.

“I don't. Church is for weaklings who just need someplace to run to when they have problems.” I replied looking into the ceiling.

“Exactly. Don't you think that is a great enough reason to go to church? Isn't it wonderful to have someone you can always cry to for help, or praise in your time of success? Having someone you can always count on for protection or help rather than feeling hopeless? The most wonderful thing about this fact is that he never fails. God never fails! Though it may take time, because it might probably not be best for you at that moment but he certainly knows what's best for you! and me! and everyone out there!” She said, smiling broadly, with her eyes trailing the ceiling, like she can actually see God.