Chapter 45🌼

Rotimi's POV

I sat in my office as my hands fiddled with a pen as I stared blankly at the computer.

I brought my hand towards my cheeks as I tapped it gently as my thoughts still seemed a bit unsettled.

My head continuously played her facial expression as she crashed into the pool.

The same scared expression she had the first time I had pushed her into the pool.

And she even passed out at the beach when Teni and Ayo had thrown her into the beach.

Well, the last instance was quite rough. Anybody could have passed out in that situation.

But, the point is she was terrified of water and I couldn't help but wonder what exactly could be behind it.

I was just too curious, because I hated that frightening look she always had when she was around a pool. It made me feel really concerned about her.

I immediately reached out for my phone as I dialled her number hurriedly.

I needed to find out.

The phone rang as I anxiously waited for her to pick up.

"Hey" I heard her cheery voice respond.

Damn, I loved this voice.

"You know, I've been curious about something and I just had to ask" I told her honestly as I continued to subconsciously tap my fingers against the table.

I heard a pause before she eventually responded.

"Okay?!" She replied in a confused manner.

She probably wondered what I was so curious about.

Should I ask her?!

What if it was personal or a bad memory?!

I hesitated before eventually making up my mind to ask.

"Why are you scared of going into water?!" I asked her trying to sound as casual as possible.

I didn't want her to feel pressured to tell me or something.

I stayed silent waiting for a response but she just stayed silent which made me feel worried.

I shouldn't have asked her over the damn phone.

The silence became longer as it felt even more worrying.

"Kike?!" I called out to her as she still didn't respond.

I immediately scanned the area for my car keys as I grabbed my jacket and stood up still pressing the phone towards my ear and calling out to her.

I paused as I heard her soft voice suddenly speak up.

"Uhrm, can... can we talk later?! My battery is almost dead" She lied as her voice sounded so sad.

I heard a beep from the phone indicating she had cut the call.

It was quite obvious she was lying about her battery.

And it confirmed my suspicion. It was definitely a bad memory.

But what could I've possibly happened in her past.

Does this bad memory involve an ex?!

A frown immediately found it's way to my face at the thought of that.

Or did it involve her grandfather?!

Or Remi?!

Or.....