Chapter 4🌼

Track: AGAIN by Wande Cole

Kike's POV

Have you ever said yes to something you are absolutely not in support of?

Well, I have.

Have you also felt you wish could make everything be according to your wishes in the snap of your fingers?

Yes, I have.

Have you ever felt you are strongly against something but it feels like the right thing to do?

Yes, I have.

I kept asking dumb questions in my head as I stared into space with my chin resting on the back of my right hand and my elbow resting on my right lap.

"I still feel you shouldn't take all your clothes so it won't be like you are doing oversabi" Remi continued talking to me that was barely listening.

I can't believe it. I'm leaving this house tomorrow morning and I am not happy about it.

Normally, I always imagined how leaving this house would be like. I would imagine me and my Grandpa in sunglasses as we drag down our suitcases towards the car.

I would wave at everyone and give them money, to indirectly make them feel jealous and envious.

But no, I'm going to be leaving with a small sized Ghana-must-go early in the morning so as to avoid unnecessary questions from alabosi neighbors.

I wasn't thrilled, at all. In fact I felt the opposite, sad and unexcited.

"Kike na, you have to stop looking at it in a negative light. Just be more positive about it" She adviced me as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, yipeee! I'm going to be a maid for a man I don't know but I suspect is not so nice. Being a maid is fun and they would probably serve us turkey and fried rice everyday because rich people are so nice." I said in a sarcastic manner as she shook her head before paying attention to my scattered clothes all over the bed.

"Do you know this decision could end up being the best decision you could ever make?" She told me packing my clothes up.

Yes, I let her do it.I didn't want to go, so why go through this trouble?

"I doubt it" I muttered as I stood up pacing around the room.

"Anyways, I'll call you everyday and we'll gist o, we'll gist about your day and mine ehn." She told me as I kept my gaze outside the small window.

"We might be far apart but we are still sisters, so we must talk everyday oo" She said again with a sad tone.

I couldn't look at her, I knew it would make me cry. We've been together right from birth, I don't know what I'll do without her and Grandpa.