Chapter 32🌼

"Mum.... Mum....." I kept calling as she ignored me still trying to make a point.

"You will no longer stay here for some worthless maid who is probably with you for your money. Rotimi, you need to open your eyes. Rachel loves you" She rambled on as I kept chanting the word 'mumʼ hoping she'll hear me out.

But I lost my control at all the awful words she hurled out about Kike.

"Mother!! I am not going anywhere, and there is nothing you say that would change anything about that" I yelled as I looked into her eyes, dead seriously.

I saw her look. She was definitely startled and not expecting that.

Soon, she recovered from her shock giving me a weird smile.

"We'll just have to see about that" She told me as she walked away.

What?

Why doesn't she understand?

I groaned as my jaw clenched in frustration and anger.

Darn it!

* * * * * * * *
Remi's POV

"Wonderful job, miss Remi. Congratulations!!" The owner of the company congratulated me as I smiled broadly.

"Mr Rotimi was definitely right about you. You did such a great job. I am looking forward to assigning you more events" He smiled at me as I nodded.

"Thank you, sir" I replied in joy.

I can't believe it. I'm now officially an event planner.....

Flashback

"Well, I was on my way back to town when I came to see Kike. And I swore I felt her fingers move. Like she could hear me and wanted to comfort me."

"What!" He exclaimed as I chuckled at his reaction. I felt happy, knowing Kike might wake up and I also felt happy for him. It feels like he truly loves her.

He regained his composure as he cleared hus throat, trying to contain his happiness.

Suddenly, I remembered why I was even here and my eyes trailed down to my luggage.

I abruptly stood up and grabbed my bag.

"I think I should leave now" I announced as he looked at me with confusion.

"What exactly is going on? Where are you going to?" Rotimi asked me and it took me by surprise.

I thought he would just be like:

"Aiit, have fun with you life"

I didn't have guts to actually tell him what was going on and I needed help. I told my mum I was coming her for some sort of business or job I mustn't come back with nothing.

"I'm going home" I told him as I shrugged.

He raised an eyebrow looking at me suspiciously.

"So you were crying for??" He asked as he crossed his legs like he was the host on a TV show.

Ehemmm... Erhm...

"I would just miss everyone" I replied which was not completely false.

"Okay" He said before getting up.

Okay?

"A partner of mine has an event planning company so I recommended you to him but I guess you miss your home."He informed me as my eyes widened.