Chapter 39🌼

Remi's POV

“Hello mummy” I greeted as I tried to assemble my table.

I wonder why she was calling.

Oh, I think I know why..

“Remilekun, omo mi....” I heard her trail off as she sang me praises.

Expected.

“How are you?” She asked as I smiled, rolling my eyes.

“I'm fine o. How have you been?” I asked her as I could almost picture her with a wide smile.

“I'm good. Thank you so much for remembering us o and for the money you sent....” She started off as she continued to pray for me in Yoruba.

Nigerian mothers, am I right?

“Anyways, be back home soon o. I want to introduce you to that my friends son” She told me, as I sighed.

“Mummy” I whined as I heard her tone change over the phone.

“Ma mummy mi o. You want me to sit down and watch you be unmarried for the rest of your life?” She asked as I maintained silence.

But I'm still young naw, why the rush?

“I thought so. So, come over this month ehn?” She asked as I stayed silent.

“Good. Take care” She said as she hung up.

I placed my phone on my table as I crashed my head unto the table.

At this rate, she would probably get me married, except I'm able to tell her that I have a boyfriend but.....

I don't know, isn't it a bit too early for me to tell her about my relationship.

I sat there for a few more minutes as I tried to arrange my thoughts.

* * * * * * * * *
Kike's POV

Why is it so hot in here?

“Uhm, let me not disturb you” I stuttered as I turned around clumsily.

What, I couldn't come up with anything to say.

I was trying so hard to regulate my breathings as I started to blame myself for coming here without a tangible reason.

I heard him clear his throat as I felt him move towards where I sat.

“Come on, come in. You can't just keep walking around like this” He told me in a concerned tone which kind of warmed my heart.

He stood beside me and immediately took the crutches grabbing my arm and leading me to the couch.

I felt super uncomfortable considering he wasn't wearing a shirt.

“I'm fine. But you, you look sick? Are you alright?” I asked stupidly knowing the answers to my questions.

He looked at me with a smile as he answered.

“I feel a lot better now” He said looking at me in a heart felt manner.

Awwwwn!!

I just stared back at him, feeling myself sink into the couch.

Then I decided to break the awkwardness.

“Ehrm erhm... Wow!! I love this show” I said as I shifted my gaze towards the television screen.

Kike, what are you doing?!!!!

Why did I even come here?!

What do I do now?