Chapter 34🌼

~~2 weeks later~~

Remi's POV

I blinked repeatedly as my blurry vision became clearer.

I woke up to the sight of Kike, already awake, and she looked lost in thoughts.

She was looking directly at me yet her mind was elsewhere. She didn't even realized I had woken up.

I knew she hasn't asked or spoken a word about him but i knew her well, and I knew she wanted to convince herself that she doesn't care about him.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure that Rotimi would be extremely glad to hear she is awake.

“Hey” I spoke up, interrupting her thoughts.

She snapped back to reality as she forced up a smile.

“Are you good?” I asked her as she nodded with a smile.

“Of course, I'm good and I'll feel even greater if I could get a donut, with jam in it.”She asked me knowing fully well she shouldn't have to much oil for a speedy recovery.

Plus, she is also aware of the fact that there is a snack shop right across the hospital.

“Oh well!! I guess you'll have to manage being good” I told her as I stood up as she sat up.

I was very happy that she was making a lot of progress.

The doctors said she is having a speedy recovery but she shouldn't start any form of exercise yet, since she still needs rest.

They advice her to wait for her legs to respond before she can start trying to exercise them.

Looking at Kike, she has always been a strong girl but I'm really sure she's still having a hard time.

She has always been a jumpy and adventures girl. I wonder how she feels being stuck to a single place.

Though she had been given a wheelchair to move around, but she still isn't so comfortable with using a wheelchair yet.

“Ahn ahn!!” She whined as I laughed at her attitude before trying to tidy up her bed.

She suddenly became quiet as she poked me on my back, which made me to face towards her.

She signalled me to come closer as I moved closer to her, expecting her to whisper something in my ear.

Instead, she engulfed me in a bone crushing hug as I felt her trying to hold back her tears.

“Let it out” I said in a consoling tone as I slowly stroked her back with my hands.

And she didn't hesitate, she cried unto my shoulders.

As much as this made me feel bad, I felt glad at the same time.

I was glad she was finally learning out to be completely opened to me and could also see me as a shoulder to cry on.

This went on for a couple of minutes before we pulled away.

“Gomawo” She said as I tightened my lips at the sound of that coming out of her mouth.

I'm definitely not surprised. Kdrama had become her second best friend since she had woken up.

I wondered why she was saying 'Thank youʼ though.

“Gomawo for being with me and doing everything for me” She appreciated as I bursted out in laughter.

“Please stop saying that. It sounds somehow” I said in between fits of laughter.