Chapter 2

VAERYS POV

I hurried down the cold corridors of Hogwarts clutching my Firebolt on one hand and my quidditch robe on the other hand. I play as the goal keeper for Slytherin and Im the team captain.

Its early October but I can already smell the fresh pumpkin smell with cinnamon. The corridors are packed with students hurrying to get breakfast, chatting about quidditch as today is the first match day.

"Ouch!" I heard a familiar voice exclaim as I bumped into her tossing over the books she was carrying. Hermione Granger.
"You should watch where you're going" she snapped at me. I looked at her with my cold expression and proceeded to pick up her books from the floor. McGonagall did ask us to act like we get along.

"Maybe if you managed your hair, you would see where you're going, Granger. Ever heard of a comb?" I snapped back at her as I gave her back the books that I picked up. Not gonna lie, her hair seemed perfect already and is that amber I smell? I scrunched my nose and proceeded to the Slytherins table tossing away thoughts about Granger.

"Captain!" My team cheered as they were all eating their breakfast. I grabbed some cinnamon toast and munched it right away.

"Cmon, we have a game to win" I said with a grin after everyone was done eating. I sometimes do show emotions to people, like my quidditch team. I grabbed my firebolt and my team grabbed their broomsticks as well and we made our way to the quidditch pitch.

"Goodluck Vaerys!" I heard a couple of well wishes from slytherins along the way.

"Ms. Travers, I certainly hope you wont lose today" Snape said as we come across him.

"Who says we're gonna lose today, Professor?" I calmly said and he nodded back.

We hoped on to our brooms and zoomed around the field waiting for the game to start.

"Draco! Dont let Chang beat you, again" I told Draco, our seeker and he gave me a smirk.

"Chang might finish this game with broken bones" Draco sneered. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Alright team! We get this win whatever it takes" I did a little pep talk to the team and all of them cheered. The Ravenclaws were up in the air and the whistle started.

I had blocked three quaffles now and our score is 30-10 with us leading. I looked around and saw Draco just hovering up in the air trying to find the snitch. Our beaters were hitting the bludgers to the ravenclaws direction to knock them out. It really isnt against the rules so I have no problem with it.

"Not so fast there, Chambers" I sneered as I blocked the quaffle coming my way earning a loud cheer from the slytherins. I glance at the gryffindors watching the match who are of course, cheering for the ravenclaws.
"Draco! We kinda need the snitch anytime soon!" I yelled at him and he gave me a nod . I focused on the game but soon caught a glance at Granger. Who was watching the game. She was with the weasel boy.

"BOTH SEEKERS ARE IN FOR A RACE!" I heard Lee Jordan's commentary as I saw Draco diving down neck in neck with Cho Chang trying to get the snitch. I looked over to our beaters and gave them a look. They knew perfectly what that look is for.

"SLYTHERIN HAS WON THE MATCH!" Lee Jordan exclaimed as Draco caught the snitch in time. Cho Chang was on the ground after being distracted by the bludger our beaters sent her way. I specifically told them to never send the bludger directly at someone, only on their way to distract them and knock them off course.

We can hear the roaring of the slytherins and the groans from other houses. I zoomed down and went on to circle the field aboard my broom. I zoomed past by the gryffindors as I heard crabbe, talking trash about Hermione and her friends. Honestly, why would they sit gryffindors next to Slytherins.

"Filthy mudblood!" I heard Crabbe call Hermione I turned to them, I was still quite far away for them to notice. I muttered a hex under my breathe and grinned as I watched Crabbe's tongue turn into a horn. Maybe then he'll know not to call anyone a mudblood.

"Ms Granger! 10 points from Gryffindor!" McGonagall yelled out and sent Crabbe into the hospital wing. I smirked as I saw her get in trouble. She looked at me and spotted my smirk as she sent me a death glare.

I zoomed out to see the Ravenclaws and Slytherins down on the field. I went down and walked towards the Ravenclaws.

"Good game, Davies" I said in my composed tone as I shook his hand. I can feel the glares our teams were exchanging from each other.

"You too, Travers" Davies said as we turned around and walked towards the exit.

"aye captain! Party at Slytherin common room tonight!" Marcus Flint said, our chaser. I nodded and walked with Draco to try and get some snacks from the kitchen after showering.

"You hexed Crabbe didnt you? For calling Granger a mudblood" Draco said as we were on our way to the kitchen. I was still fixing my black cropped tube top under my dark green coat paired with some combat boots.

"Its hitting two birds with one stone, really. Got Granger in trouble and sent Vincent to the hospital wing" I smirked and so did Draco who looked elegant with his green hoodie paired with a black coat.

"Brilliant! No wonder you're the slytherin genius around here" He chuckled as we reached the kitchen where house elves work.

"Hey Penelope!" I greeted one house elf. I had always treated them kindly. Even taught Malfoy to respect them too.

"What can Penelope do for Ms. Travers and Mr. Malfoy?" She politely asked.

"We'll just grab a few snacks and be on our way" Draco smiled and grabbed some leftover treacle pie and cornish pasties.

"Did you make these, Penelope?" I asked while munching over some lime bars.

"Yes, Ms. Travers!" Penelope exclaimed. I smiled and nodded.

"Merlins beard, these are good!"Draco exclaimed.

We walked back to our slytherin common room to see this certain brunette waiting along the corridors