Chapter 11

VAERYS POV

It has been a few weeks since that whole lavatory thing happened. I deeply regret joining this Inquistorial squad. Working for Umbridge is a real pain in the arse but atleast I get to roam around the 7th floor. I was able to see some of the DA passing through but never reported them. I really dont see a point in that. Once I had even seen Ginny Weasley exit the room of requirement but I just let her slide. At this way, atleast I can prevent Granger's group from getting caught.

"Ms Chang, have you finally decided?" I hear the piercing and brutally awful voice of Umbridge. We are inside her office, as the toad face said she wanted us present.
"So tell me, what has Potter been up to?" Umbridge asked with her annoying smile. I perked up and looked at Chang. Is this the DA's plan or is Chang being a snitch?

"Harry has been leading a secret group, I can lead you to them" Chang ratted out. This made my blood boil. How can someone snitch at them like that? I clenched my fist with my teeth gritted.

"Calm down" I heard Malfoy whisper.

"Very well then, we'll bust them tonight. Finally, a lead on Potter" Umbridge said while some members cheered.

"They end their meeting at 9pm every night" Chang said while looking at the floor.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked me as I sped off after class.

"Hex a traitor" I said with a sneer. After a while, I had figured out where my loyalties lie. I had finally chose a side.

"Go get her then" Draco cheered as we separate ways. I find Cho Chang walking alone in the corridors. I smirked as I mutter the engorgio skullus hex watching the snitch's head enlarge. That should teach her a lesson.

"Cho!" I heard her friends shriek. Some slytherins were snickering and others were laughing at her.

"What is the chaos about?" I heard Percy Weasley enter the scene. I slowly slipped out of the corridors and made my way to the Quidditch pitch for my training.

I felt the air brush through my face as I zoomed through the pitch. I missed this feeling, being able to enjoy the things I like. I smiled happily, the first time I had ever genuinely smiled in months while I caught a certain brunette staring at me. It was Hermione Granger with her hair tied up in a messy bun in a maroon knitted sweater, possibly Weasley's. I winced at the thought. I fly by the bleachers where Granger was sitting alone, reading a book.

"Lonely are we, Granger?" I sneered. She just rolled her eyes and continued reading the book. Unable to get her full attention,  I pursed my lips and zoomed down the pitch to take a shower.

After showering, I see Granger packing up her things and going down the bleachers. I hurried towards the exit and waited for her. I checked the surroundings to see if anyone was there but it seems like we were alone.

"Holy cricket-" Granger gasped as I pulled her under the bleachers where tapestries blocked us away from plain sights view
"What are you doing, Travers!?" She narrowed her eyes unto mine. We were only a few feet away and I could smell her amazing amber scent. Oh how I missed this.

"Someone snitched from the DA, I urge you to not be anywhere near the 7th floor" I told her and she just squinted. A small smile escaped from my mouth as I find this expression adorable.

"And why should I trust you?" She doubted and crossed her arms.

"I know where my loyalties lie, Granger" I answered maintaining our eye contact. She still raised her eyebrow in doubt.
"Just, trust me on this" I said and slipped a note on her hand and quickly got out of the bleachers.

HERMIONE POV

Chang is a snitch,
you're smart enough to think of something.
You dont have to believe me
but that would make you a fool
-V.R.T

I read the messy handwriting belonging to Travers as I hurried up the Gryffindor tower, damn I still feel my cheeks flushed. It was purely a coincidence that I was on the bleachers as Travers was training. Ok scratch that, I may or may not have gone there on purpose to maybe catch a glimpse of Travers. I have been eyeing her for the past weeks to figure out if shes involved in the dark arts or something just like Ron had suspected.

I remember the smile Vaerys had on her face as she zoomed through the pitch with her hair on a high ponytail. It really suited her. A smile on her face might be one of the most rarest things you'd ever see especially when just a few days ago, her whole demeanor was nothing but cold and dark.

"I have no idea what goes on with you, Travers" I mutter to myself as I enter the common room to find Harry and Ron seated near the fire place.

"We have to practice in a different place tonight" Thats the sentence I greeted them with. Harry and Ron looked at my dumbfounded so I showed them the note from Travers.

"Cho? How could she be a snitch?" Harry said, doubting whatever is written on that paper.

"Who even gave that to you?" Ron questioned.

"It was Travers" I answered. Harry and Ron exchanged looks.

"And you'll believe her?"Ron exclaimed

"I say we trust her" Ginny chimed in, Rons sister.
"Hey, she caught us entering and leaving the room several times and has not reported a single one. Must be on our side" Ginny stated. Harry nodded in realization while Ronald still sat there looking like a stupid bloke.

"Actually, that may be right" Harry supported Ginny's statement.