Chapter 9

HERMIONE POV

"Travers, you're late" I called her out inside the library. McGonagall has assigned me to tutor her for some reason.

"I know I am, I have a life" Travers snapped and took a seat infront of me. I studied her face and she really just showed no emotion.

"Lets just get this over with" I said and took out papers and books to teach her.

It was getting late, the wind was howling and the aura was cold. I watched as Travers finishes the last of her essay with my help. I glance over the lamp which serves as our only light aside from the moonlight, its a full moon tonight. The candle wax had almost engulfed the flame as it was on its last bit.

I stared at Travers while thinking back to a month ago. Where I saw her rare small smiles, even the wry smile she gave Luna that absolutely bothered me. That stupid grin I always wanted to smack off of her. Im not gonna lie, I do miss it. Here she sits as a different person, cold, dark and terrifying.

"I said, Im done, Granger" Travers called out causing me to regain the focus unto her. I stare at her dark golden eyes before looking at her paper.

"You have to fix your hand writing" I commented as I study her essay.

"Not everyone has perfect handwriting, know it all" She snapped. I looked as her with my forehead crunched. Sure Travers was rude, but this is a different kind of rude now.

"What has gotten into you?" I asked her accidentally raising my voice. I had to remember that this isnt the Travers I knew months ago. Something has changed.

"Its none of your concern!" She said with her voice raised. She loudly banged her fist unto the table knocking out the fire from the candle.

"Maybe if you arent being a git, I wouldnt be concerned" I answered back. She just her eyes and I could feel the anger radiating from her.

"Right. Im a foul evil git!" She yelled at me and stood up. She faced the window where we could see the bright full moon.
"GET AWAY FROM ME, GRANGER!" She shouted in anger. I stood back as she turned to me. I gasped as I saw her teeth growing sharp and enormous. Her arms were growing bigger and her nails were growing pointed and longer.
"g-get malfoy" she gasped for air.

I raced through the corridors with a bunch of things coming up in my head. Is she a werewolf? I shook my head. I should have noticed that. I bump into Malfoy who was walking towards the slytherin common room.

"Watch where you're going, Granger" He snarled.

"Travers. Travers is transforming" I said catching up with my breathe. Malfoys eyes widened and rushed through their common room. A few minutes later, he came back holding a small vile of liquid and a bag hanging on his shoulder.

"Where?" He asked as I answered the library. We sped off towards the library where I could hear grunts and things breaking.

Malfoy ran towards a hairy beast that was turning in and out from human form who seemed to be Travers and then opened the vile and stuck it inside her mouth. Travers remained in human form and fell back into my arms as I carefully guided her down the floor still holding her in my arms. Everything happened so quickly that I cant even muster a single question.

"She almost fully transformed. It'll take a while before she wakes up." Malfoy stated and sat across of us on the floor. I looked over to Travers who had a peaceful expression in her face. It looked good on her.
"Vaerys is a werewolf. Her mother is Addison Lestrange" Malfoy explained and run his fingers through his platinum blonde hair.

"Addison Lestrange? The werewolf conquerer?" I clarified. Her mother is known in the wizarding world.

"Mhm" Malfoy said as I looked at Travers' ripped clothes her white shirt was hardly ripped with only the upper collar area. I see the scar I once saw when we had an encounter during our prefect rounds. Now I had a good view of it. I slightly creased my forehead as I see the word mudblood

"Why does she have this scar?" I pointed out to Malfoy.

"Unlike the rest of Slytherin, she finds blood statuses as rubbish. As her words are 'I know some muggle-borns who are far better than some purebloods I know'" Malfoy quoted Travers.

"But she called me a mudblood" I say in confusion. Malfoy lightly chuckled and looked at me.

"And why do you think did she gave herself that scar? One of her great regrets was calling you a mudblood" Malfoy said with a grin I knew was fake. My heart started beating faster than usual as I realized what Travers was doing.

"Theres something going on isnt there" I said after a long pause of silence. Malfoys face became serious.

"That is not your concern, Granger" Malfoy darkly said.
"People like you are lucky enough to have a choice" Malfoy said with his voice slightly shivering. And right on time, Travers started to open her eyes.

"Merlins" She muttered as she sat up looking at me as if she was checking something.

"You almost fully transformed" Malfoy stated and tossed Travers a new jumper from his bag.

"You saw everything?" Travers asked me cautiously as she puts on the jumper above her torn shirt. I nodded and she let out a sight.
"Did I hurt you?" She added with a slight hint of concern in her eyes before she returned into her stolid expression.

"No" I answered and she stood up gathering her things.

"Good. And if you decide to tell anyone, might as well escort yourself to the graveyard" She darkly warned. How can someones emotions change so rapidly?

Its the next day as I rushed to find McGonagall. After tonights events, I wanted to ask why does Travers need a tutor. Shes the top of her class after all.

"Professor!" I called out when I saw McGonagall walking through the court yard.

"Ms Granger, you left quite the scene in the library the other night." she said. I panicked to find an excuse until I heard McGonagall chuckle.
"Im well aware of Ms Travers' condition" McGonagall stated.
"What is it you want to ask?"She asked.

"Why must I tutor Travers?" I asked her. I mean, shes the top of her class and shes pretty smart. Plus Im not willing to tutor her at this state, she can be quite scary.

"Arent you the brightest witch of your age?" McGonagall said with a smile.
"I do not know what Dumbledore is up to but he must have seen something in the both of you" she added as she left. Wait what does she mean by Dumbledore?