Chapter 7

VAERYS POV

It was a gloomy day at Hogwarts as I hear Snapes voice in the background teaching potion. Luckily we had the class with the Gryffindors. I can see Granger for a full two hours or so. I smiled at the thought as I looked at her place and saw her looking at me before she quickly looked back as Snape.

"Now can anyone tell me what potion is this?" Snape asked in his normal cold tone. As expected, Granger's hand shot up in the air.
"Yes, miss Granger?" Snape called.

"Its called Amorentia sir. A powerful love potion that causes infatuation and obsession. The scent of the potion varies from what the witch or wizard is attracted to." Hermione stated which caused more of the girls to pay attention in class.

"Of course the use of this is illegal. Miss Granger, could you come up infront and tell us what you smell?" Snape asked and Granger happily obliged

"I smell freshly mown grass, new parchment, amber, pine and uhm rosemary" Granger hesitated to say as she hurriedly went back to her seat. Her cheeks were flushed with pink and she was looking down on the floor. I smirked at the sight until Snape called Malfoy to come infront.

"Well I smell green apples, cedar, spearmint and vanilla" He answered and a smile perked on his face as he walked back to his seat.

"And how about you, miss Travers?" Snape called me. I stood up and walked towards the cauldron infront, everyone eyeing me.

"Seems like I smell lemon bars, rosemary, grass from the quidditch pitch and amber" I said in a calm tone and went back to my seat as I glanced at Granger who quickly diverted her eyes. I smirked and sent a tiny piece of paper levitating her way. She picked it up and sent me a death glare before writing on it.

"Lovergirl upgrades into sending love notes huh?" Malfoy teased me at the back causing me to chuckle as I catch the note Granger sent back.

I must smell good, huh?
In your dreams, Travers

I grinned as I see her neat handwriting below my messy one. I looked at her and saw Granger roll her eyes. I bit my lip and smiled. Teasing her and watching her get annoyed must probably be one of my favorite hobbies around. Especially when I see her slightly blush at the end. Even if I dont know what it means.

The class had ended but professor Snape has asked me to stay behind. I watch as everyone leave the classroom. Snape swung the door close as he made sure everyone has left.

"It is the start of dark times, Travers" Snape coldly said.
"You and I know what this means, your father had escaped Azkaban along with his fellow death eaters" Snape continued. My breathe hitched at the fact I dreaded to hear.
"It is important that you know where your loyalties lie" He said. I looked at him, looking for an answer.

"And how would I know which way is right? Where do your loyalties lie, sir?" I questioned him. It is known that Snape is a death eater. Or atleast I know he is.

" a wise man had told me before, we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy" Snape answered and looked at me.

"Dumbledore" I muttered and he nodded.

"I trust in you to make the right decision for yourself. May you be dismissed, Travers" Snape waved his wand and the door shot back open. I took a deep breathe and went my way.

I walked to the Great Hall and sat next to Draco in the slytherin table.
"What has snape talked about?" He asked. I saw light dark circles form under his eyes. It isnt quite noticeable but its there. I knew he had the same situation as I have.