Chapter 4

HERMIONE POV

The cool wind of October brushes through the wind and the smell of cinnamon dancing around the castle. Its a fresh new day.

"Im an inch closer into skipping charms class" Ron spoke as they were walking to the charms classroom

"Why is that?" Harry asked.

"The damn slytherins will be in that class" Ron muttered irritated.

"Just great! Now we have to deal with Malfoys bickering for 2 hours"  Harry exclaimed and I just responded with a sigh. Everyone was pretty busy getting across the crowded corridor and into their classes.

"On top of that, Travers will be in that class. That devils spawn. Shes a real git" I ranted out. I remember her eyes the color of silver and that scent of pinewood that always seemed to linger around her . That prune with her annoying black hair thats either on a high ponytail or let down with its wavy form.

"Now look whos talking. I told you Malfoy and his girlfriend are pure evil" Ron commented. I annoyingly rolled my eyes.

"I heard shes the top of the class in slytherin. Not to mention, they say shes cooler" Harry said.  He said that Travers isnt really that bad. I mean, thats what I used to believe until that git costed me a detention.

Professor Flitwick has finished discussion and is now doing some recitations. I look over to the desk on my left where Travers sits, laid back. She didnt even touch a quill throughout the whole class. This is Slytherins top of the class? Her hair was perfect, laid back; beautifully wavy. Sitting next to her was Malfoy who saw me staring and whispered something to Vaerys that made her snicker.

"Now can anyone tell me the charm for turning objects into tracking devices?" Professor Flitwick said and as always, my hand automatically raised up in the air. What was strange was Vaerys' hand was up in the air too. Most of the slytherins were.

"Yes, Ms. Travers?" Professor called.

"Avenseguim" Travers answered without even standing up.

"Very good miss Travers! How about conjuring a flock of birds from the tip of the wand?" He asked and this time, only Vaerys' hand and mine were up. To my luck, professor called me and I answered Oppugno.

"Incorrect." Vaerys spoke up with a smirk. I raised my eyebrows in confusion. I had read this in my book. Im certain its oppugno!
"Its Avis. No need to be aggressive, Granger" Travers looked at me and winked. The slytherins were holding in their chuckles while I sat there feeling embarrassed as my surroundings suddenly feel hot.

"Correct, miss Travers" Professor Flitwick praised. That was the first time I answered wrong!

"Blimey Hermione, what has gotten into you?" Ron whispered from my back.
"You're red" Harry added in. I could definitely feel warmth in my face.

"You are being chased by acromantulas what charm to you use??" The professor asked again. I have to regain my dignity here.
"Miss Granger?"

"Arania Exumai" I answered to which of course, was correct. I still heard a snicker from the slytherins side.

"On your last warning Ms. Travers and its detention for you" Professor Flitwick warned.

"Does the spell also drive away other pets? For example, a teachers pet?" She said and looked at me with a smug grin. The other slytherins joined in with stifled laughters.

"You've done it, Ms Travers. 10 points from Slytherin and detention for you" Professor Flitwick said which made me grin. That prune got what she deserves. But then suddenly a firework erupted from the gryffindor side.
"Children! Who thought it was wise to do pranks in my class?" Professor said while looking at the gryffindors.

"Professor, I think Miss Granger has something there" Malfoy spoke up with Travers sporting a smirk. I looked down and saw some firecrackers under my desk.

"Miss Granger! I had never expected this from you! You will join Miss Travers for detention!" I could not believe what I had heard. ANOTHER DETENTION? I looked at Travers and she was smirking this had to be her doing!

"What is your problem, Travers?" I gritted my teeth as we were now left alone after classes inside classroom 2E cleaning a bunch of trophies.

"Quit blabbering and start working" She responded casually as she was scrubbing the trophies. Huffed out some breathe and started cleaning. From time to time I would see her smirk and glance at me.

"You are alot worse that Malfoy" I said and she just chuckled. She put down her cleaned trophy.

"Thanks, I didn't know you give compliments" She said. I swear on merlins beard I would to anything to wipe off that annoying smirk she always has.

"But I have never heard you say mudblood" I said. It was a question I had stuck in my head for quite some time now. She just looked at me and back at a trophy.

"I dont think mudblood suits you. Give me a much more insulting name and maybe I'll call you that" she timidly answered. Thats what sets her apart from other slytherins. I had never heard her give off any muggle-born slurs or even to half- bloods.
"I must admit, you look as terrible as frogs hair" she continued and grinned. I didnt quite understood what she said. Must be something bad.

"You're both arrogant and ignorant" I scoffed as I brushed a tough stain off of a trophy causing me to knock over the bucket of muddy water unto Travers.
She looked at me wide eyed and looked at her soaking wet white sleeves. The fabric was thin that I could even see the structure of her abs.

"Im tossing you over to boil in frogs spawn" Travers gritted her teeth as I snickered at the sight. She finally got what she deserved.

She surprisingly unbuttoned her shirt and took it off revealing her beige skin and abs. It had stunned me as I never expected her to have a body like that.

"Easy, Granger. I know im irresistible but if it were a choice between you or a frog, I'd pick the frog" she said causing me to knock off from my trance. I looked at Travers who had bit her lip a little and had a small smile.

"For merlins sake, Travers. P-put on a shirt!" I stumbled upon my words as I felt a hint of warmth on my face. Hell, what am I even doing.

"Its your fault anyways. But for the sake of your sanity, I'll put it back on" Travers sneered as she put on a jumper, crossed her arms and looked at me as I finish off the last trophy

"You're looking a little red there, Hermione" Travers pressed on with the topic. But the sound of my name roll down her mouth made my heart beat fast. What in the bloody hell am I feeling. Did she hex me?

"Shut it, Travers. You ugly git" I gritted my teeth and fixed up my things.

"Ugly huh? Your eyes a while ago begged to differ" Travers teased. This bloke really went on to piss me off. Maybe I should go on to her level and piss her off too. I smirked at the idea and went up to her until we were just fine inches away from each other. I breathed in the pine scent she has as her breathe smells like rosemary. I pulled her closer, clutching her sweater as I felt her heart beat rapidly. Aha, I got this git cornered.

"Yeah? What are you gonna do about it?" I said confidently as I moved closer, obviously teasing her. Her breathe even hitched for a moment and her heart was beating rapidly. I looked down on her lips that were 2 inches away from mine and grinned. I looked up at her eyes and pushed away.

"Dont worry, if the choice was between you or a gargoyle, I'll choose the gargoyle" I sneered while quoting her and leaving her alone in that classroom.

"Bloody hell" I still heard Travers mutter as I felt her deadly stare on my back.