Chapter 18

VAERYS POV

I was up at dawn, clutching my broomstick ready to fly. I guess I was used to waking up so early. The sun was barely up yet. Normally, I would go and clean the burrow and do some chores but I had been doing that everyday that by now, theres really nothing to clean anymore. I guess its my way of saying thank you to Mrs. Weasley. After all this is over, im giving them some of my financials. I had inherited a ton of money from the Travers.

I was zooming under the trees until I spot Hermione out in the meadows. I scoffed at the sweater she was wearing, it belonged to weasley.

"Its a bit early to fly around" Hermione said as I fly over the bench she was sitting on. I fly down, grabbing the hot coco Hermione handed out to me.

"Dont you have your own sweater?" I scoffed.

"No, we had to leave in a flash, remember? My stuff are still at Hogwarts" She said.

"But you had your books?" I asked while looking at her. She just chuckled and looked at the clear horizons. I swear to Merlin if I could melt, I wouldve been a puddle now. The stunning beauty this girl brings is overwhelming.

"I spend my summer here, the weasleys keep my books" she explained.

"If you ask me, you're just looking for a way to wear weasleys sweater" I accused her. She just laughed it off and proceeded to read a book called Romeo and Juliet. Im quite familiar with Shakespeare as I had discovered his poems at muggle studdies.

"We're going down to london to get some brunch, wanna come?" Harry called us from the Burrow. Hermione was still drowned in that book to even hear Harry.

"We'll be right over!" I yelled back.
"Hermione, Hermione" I proceeded to call her but still did not answer.
"Granger!" I called but its still like she didn't hear me. I had to move closer and block that book with my hand to get her attention.
"Is it really hard to get your attention?" I said while shaking my head.

"I was getting to the good part!" She said.

"We're going to London for brunch. C'mon" I said while standing up, noticing her pink lips. It was like I became addicted to her kiss that I crave it everytime.

"You're not wearing that sweater again." I said as I tossed her a white sweater of mine.

"Why are you making a big deal out of a sweater?" Hermione said and grabbed the sweater.

"Its from weasel!" I reasoned out while crossing my arms.

HERMIONE POV

"I'd say you're just jealous" I teased her while changing sweaters.

"Tch. Jealous? Why would I be jealous" Vaerys scoffed. I looked at her toned abs that were visible from the tube top she wore under her corduroy jacket.
"What are you trying to do?" I heard her question me as I pull over the sweater she gave me. I turned to her. She was looking down on my lips while biting her lips. She was so easy to read. I chuckled.

I went near my bed to get my stuff when I noticed a brown envelope on top of my pillow.

"Did you put this here?" I asked Vaerys.
"Its a letter" Vaerys' eyes perked up and went near me.

I know that I had been trying for years, but could you atleast give me a chance? Give us a chance. I went to Diagon Alley the other day and got you this necklace, I hope you like it.
-R.W

"Weasley has been courting you?" Vaerys asked while squinting at the letter.

"He has. For quite sometime" I answered.