Chapter 15

VAERYS POV
I see this dark hallway with a door at the end. Everything was enclosed and I could feel the cold damp aura through the walls. I slowly walked closer to the dark oak door that seemed familiar.

Slowly, I reached for the door knob, turning it to see the other side. I could hear the creek of the door as it slides open. It was a room and it was dark. Suddenly, people started to appear they were all covered in blood.

"How many corpses do you have to stand on?" I heard a voice behind my back. It belonged to a kid that I had killed.

"How much blood would you shed?" Another voice spoke up. I looked infront of me and I see 20, no; 21 entities standing there with blood dripping through them.

"Dear me, have you killed that many?" A familiar voice echoed through the room. Soon, a hand was laid on my shoulder. It was my father.
"Ah, look at them. Look at all the people you have killed" Father manically laughed. My breathe began to shiver and my senses quivered.
"You may think that you and I are different but you know that you are much of a murderer as I am" Father smiled. A smile that I disliked. The evilness in his eyes.

"We are not the same!" I yelled. My head was swirling in pain. I felt the guilt and regret dawn unto me.

"Why must you keep lying to yourself, my vicious little beast?" My father taunted. I began to breathe heavily trying to get out of this room. This is just a nightmare. This is a nightmare. This isnt real.

"Im sorry" I teared up in pain as I see the eyes of my victims stare at me. My eyelids began to feel heavy and soon, everything was black.

"Vaerys! Vaerys, dear" I heard a sweet voice calling me. I slowly opened my eyes and I was drenched in sweat. Mrs. Weasley was the first I see. It must have been a nightmare.
"You were having a nightmare?" She asked as she helped me sit up.

"Those eyes. All that blood" I muttered while keeping my eyes on the floor. I could feel another pair of eyes from across the room staring as me.
"Im a murderer. I-Im-" I breathed out.

"Hush now, Im sure thats not who you are now" Mrs. Weasley said as she patted my back.
"Breakfast would be ready in half an hour, why dont you take a shower? Ron! Dear! Wont you show Vaerys where the washroom is?" Mrs. Weasley said and gave me a warm smile. Thats not who I am now I kept repeating to myself.

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley" I weakly said and flashed a small smile.

After a quick shower, I go back to the room all of us teenage kids shared. It was deserted. I figured that everybody was down stairs for breakfast. I put on my dark green sweater and some jeans.

As I place my ring with a jade stone on my point finger, I heard tapping on the window. It was an owl with a letter on its beak.

"Who would send an owl?" I mutter to myself as I open the window to let the owl in.

To: V.R.T

The delicate handwriting is unmistakably familiar. It must be from Draco Malfoy. I slowly opened the letter to find a short message.

Meet me on the nagi spot at half past 4. You need to know something.
-D.M

Is this some kind of trap? I am aware that the Dark Lords followers must be after me. I know a handful of information. I sighed and crumpled the paper burning it into ashes.

"Draco would be using his own owl if this was a trap" I talked to myself trying to determine if this is a trap.

"Goodmorning!" Fred Weasley cheerfully greeted as soon as I made my appearance on the dining room. Mrs. Weasley was just setting the table while the other where on the other room.

"Morning" I answered back.

"Vaerys! Would you like some tea?" The brown haired man I soon learned to be Remus Lupin called me. He was sitting on the couch with Sirius and Harry. I made my way to them and grabbed myself a cup of tea.

"Do you perhaps know anything about you-know-who?" Sirius opened up the conversation.

"All I know is that they believe Harry is the only one to doom the Dark Lord. And they hide away in Malfoy Manor" I stated.
"Although, I do hear this one name from them. Tom Riddle" Harry had his eyes perked up from hearing that name.

"I've heard of that name before, from Professor Slughorn" Harry said.
"He also mentioned a thing called Horcruxes"

"Mr. Black, Mr. Lupin, do you know anything about Horcruxes?" I asked and looked at them.

"Im afraid not" Remus answered.

"Malfoy sent an owl, told me to meet him at half past four. Maybe I could get some info from that" I said.

"Are you- are you and Malfoy, yknow? Dating?" Harry blurted out. And before I could answer, there was a big thud coming from the back.

"Right uhm, breakfast is ready" It was Granger, butchering her words while picking up the books she dropped.

She was wearing this white t-shirt probably belonged to Ron Weasley. Which irritated me. Her hair sat on a perfect messy bun. She looked wonderful. How is this beauty legal in the morning?

"Vaerys? Ello?" I was too busy staring to even notice the multiple attempts of pulling me back to reality by Harry.

"Right uhm, coming" I answered back giving Granger another glance.

Wearing my long black coat and some white shoes over what I was wearing earlier, I made my way to the Ramen shop Draco and I used to go to. I figured this is what he meant be "nagi spot". It was a bit chilly here in down town London. I bet the others had their suspicions on me for meeting Draco.

"Rys, over here" I heard a whisper as soon as I passed the shop. It was a dark alley beside the ramen shop.

"Is this a trap?" I asked. Draco looked around before pulling me deeper into the ally. I gripped my wand tight prepared to make a counter attack anytime.

"You lunatic! What were you thinking? Killing your father? Betraying the deatheaters? Have you gone mad!?" Draco started silently yelling at me.
"They are after you, Vaerys. You're a soon to be corpse" He warned me. It was evident from his eyes that he was worried, troubled, stressed.

"Just as everyone else in the wizarding world would if we do not fight back" I answered him.
"At one point in our lives we would have to choose between what is right and what is easy" I repeated that quote.

"You are wrong. Some dont have a choice!" Draco pushed on. He was trembling. I dont know if it was from fear or anger.

"Only cowards choose the easy way, Draco" I stated. He looked at me and sighed. His eyes were filled with fear and sorrow.

"The Dark Lord is after a guy named flamel" He weakly said and right on that moment, a loud bang and the dark mark appeared up on the air from the distance.
"Im sorry" He said with tears running down his face as he apparated.

"Its a trap. Its a bloody trap" I muttered in realization and ran towards the dark mark that seemed to be at Grimmauld.