Chapter 19

HERMIONE POV

It was a peaceful morning. The sun has risen from the horizons and the grass and flowers were covered in morning dew. I packed up the book I was reading, Pride and Prejudice and walked towards the Burrow where the peaceful aura soon faded and had been replaced by  the sound of dishes clicking, laughter from the Weasley twins and Mrs. Weasley scolding the two pranksters.

"Good morning Hermione! Would you be a dear and wake up the others?" Mrs Weasley, with her hair all ruffled and her apron splattered with gravy.

"Of course, Molly" I cheerfully smiled and went upstairs to knock on the doors of Ginny, Ron and Vaerys who were tuckered out from playing Quidditch all night.

"Ronald! Wake up!" I called out while knocking at his door. I heard something like an "Mhm" as a response so I went along and knocked at Ginny's room.
"Ginny, time to wake up!" I knocked at her door and when I heard an answer, I made my way to the room Vaerys and I shared.

I opened the door only to be met by a figure buried in pillows and blankets. " Vaerys, wake up" I said. She pulled down the blanket that was covering her face.

"A few more minutes" a raspy voice answered me.

"did you sleep late again?" I asked her while crossing my arms.

"no?" Vaerys' muffled voice answered. I rolled my eyes and lifted the blankets covering her.

"Get up" I whispered with a tone. She still looked beautiful in the morning. I sighed at the view and wondered what this girl has done to me.

"Quit staring, might melt" Vaerys groggily muttered as she rubbed her eyes. I rolled my eyes at her. Then I noticed a cut on her cheek.

"you cut yourself again?" I asked. She just looked as me and have an apologetic smile.

"its gonna heal in no time, dont stress about it" She said. Vaerys stood up and suddenly took off the sweater she was wearing revealing her abs. I felt my cheeks have a sudden rush of heat as I avoided looking at her.

"Put on a shirt! Merlins" I muttered, unconsciously I was breathless. I heared Vaerys chuckle that caused me to look at her again.

"I am! Its a bit too warm to wear my sweater" She said while putting on a shirt. She then slowly walked towards me until we're just a few inches apart.
"I wonder what made you blush?" She said with a smirk. My breathe hitched as she moved even closer.

"You're teasing me" I whispered while looking at her lips. My heart was drumming fast, I thought it would have jumped out of my chest.

"Is it working?" She whispered back as her lips went nearer until I could feel her breathe against my neck. I shut my eyes as I try to control myself. No, Hermione

"Bloody hell, just get married already!" I heard Ginny's voice. I quickly looked at her direction and she was holding in her laughter. I sent her a death glare before she closed the door, yelling something like "mum wants you down now!"

"lets uh, we should go now" Vaerys muttered while avoiding my eyes. It was like all the confidence she had were sucked out. I could even see the slight hint of pink on her cheeks.

"yeah, we should" I whispered as I smile a little.

——————

"Oi Ronny! Get the blankets" Fred yelled out. The Weasleys proposed to have a movie night after Mr. Weasley gushed all about them at lunch. I of course, helped with the decorations and what movie to watch since my father and I would always do this when I was little.

"Hermione! Is this normal?! Its gonna blow up!" Ginny called. I put her incharge of the popcorn. I chuckled lightly before walking up to her.

"Yes, thats normal. Just wait until it turns white" I answered. I felt a pair of eyes trailing me. I was met by Vaerys' piercing silver eyes accompanied with her smirk.

"So, what are we watching?" She said slowly.

"The muggles call it a horror movie. And its The Conjuring" I answered her. The chatter of the Weasleys played in the background as they argue about what color the fairy lights should be.

"Oh I know what that is. Ive seen it around London displayed in this glass cage outside the place muggles watch it from big tvs. Its called the teeters" She said. I looked at her and laughed lightly which caused her to give me a puzzled look

"Its called the theaters and those are big screens, not big tvs. It was close though" I told her. She gave me a soft smile, something I rarely see from her. I felt her hands grab mine. I dont know what shes doing but it felt like there was an electric current that rushed through me.

"Hermione! How do you work this thing?" Ron called out. I looked at him and he was working out the projector Mr. Weasley brought home.

"Here, let me do it" I said and walked to the projector.

"You and Travers, huh" He said while I turned on the projector. I looked at him with a puzzled look.

"Oh cmon it doesnt look like you guys were hiding it" He chuckled.
"And honestly, I kind of expected this. From the moment you guys looked at each other. And I am happy for you, Mione" He said with a genuine smile. I smiled back at him and gave him a hug.

"so, is everything set?" Vaerys suddenly spoke up. Ron gave me a 'I told you' look.

"We're not together" I whispered at him before turning to Vaerys. That was the truth, we werent together. Right?
"Yup. Uh I should check the popcorn now" I said before running to Ginny who was scooping the popcorn already.
———————
We were halfway through the movie and it was getting good. The aura was eerie and the crickets can be heard from the distance. Aside from the fairy lights that lit up our area, there were also fireflies that looked like stars nearer to the ground.

"Merlins saggy-" Ron yelled out. I jumped up a bit as the movie became horrid. Occasionally, I would accidentally hold Vaerys' hand who were placed right next to mine. Speaking of Vaerys, sheseemed awfully quiet.

"You alright?" I turned to her while Fred and George were busy teasing Ron.

"Yeah, why wouldnt I be" She scoffed. A small smile formed on my lips as I rolled my eyes on her. I knew full well shes scared.
"Hey! Im really not" Vaerys said.

"Or, you could just admit that you are" I teased her.

"Oh shut up" she said as she shoved popcorn into my mouth to shut me up. I just laughed at her and continued watching the movie.

The nun once again showed up and everybody screamed. I felt shivers throughout my body. I looked down on my hand and unconsciously, I was already touching her hand. I suddenly felt by heartbeat quicken as she intertwined our fingers. The movie just became silent and all I can think about was her hand holding mine. i like her.

"You keep touching my hand, might aswell hold it" Vaerys whispered.