Chapter 14

HERMIONE POV
I looked at the dead corpse beside me.
Had Travers missed?

"You foolish child!" I heard Bellatrix Lestrange yell out and the remaining deatheaters turned into black dust and fled away.

Travers was standing there with tears streaming through her face looking at the dead corpse of her father. I was still shaking from fear. Travers had killed someone!

"Ms Travers" I heard Snape call out as he placed one of his hands on her shoulders.
"Dumbledore was right" He said and sped off with the other staff making sure everyone is safe.

"Hermione! Are you alright?" Ronald rushed to me. I couldnt mutter a single word so I just nodded. I looked at the distance where Travers was helping Harry up. Is she on our side?

"Granger, get yourself and your friends ready. It is not safe for you in Hogwarts" McGonagall said as she walked pass us.

"Im guessing we're going with the Order" Ron added.

I looked around and saw some injured students and the great hall was a mess! Harry was walking towards us with Travers.

"McGonagall just said we need to leave Hogwarts" Harry stated.

"Are we going to the order?" Ronald asked.

"We are, I dont know how to get there though" Harry answered.

"Do all of you know how to ride brooms?" Travers chimed in. I looked away from her, I just couldn't bare the fact that she had killed someone.

"Umbridge took ours away" Ron answered.
"You're going to the order with us?" He added.

"Apparently, after killing my father the Dark Lords followers would be after me." Travers answered. I looked at her straight in the eyes.

"Why did you?" I asked. "Why did you kill you're father?"

"It was a choice between you and my father, what would you rather have me choose?!" Travers questioned me while stepping forward to face me.
"There is a war, Granger. And I happen to be working for the right side" she pressed on.

"Right, erm Ron and I will ask McGonagall then." Harry excused themselves.

"You didnt have to kill anyone! You used a forbidden curse" I reasoned with her. I know that the ministry would be after her.

"I had to!" Travers yelled back. I had my back pressed against the wall with her only a few feet from me.
"Look, ever since I was young my hands are drenched with blood from muggles. Im a murderer! Is that what you what to hear?"

"You killed your father. I dont care what the situation is but killing isnt the only option!" I reasoned with her again. Her damp silver eyes filled with so much rage.

"in that situation, it was the right option! Would you rather be tortured to death? We live in a vile world, Hermione. You dont give a damn about morals if you want to survive!" she said trying to regain her composure.
"You may see me as a monster, a cruel, evil murderer. Thats all you see in me. But you're the reason that man is dead" she said in a cold tone.

"Its my fault?" I scoffed at her. How dare she blame her actions on me?

"That may be my wand but we both know you got him killed. I told you to walk away when danger arises but you didnt. Now if I have to kill my father all over again, I would. For you" she angrily said and stormed off.

I tried to compose myself. This isnt your fault, Hermione. You did not kill that man. I huffed out my breathe and went to the gryffindor tower to back my bags.

VAERYS POV

I felt the wind brush on my face as I hear the howls of the air under the moonlight. We had gotten on a therestral making our way to London. McGonagall asked us to move to 12 Grimmauld Place. The Order if the Pheonix headquarters. I dont know much about this but I do know that Dumbledore and Snape were there.

"Why did they come to Hogwarts?" Weasley finally asked. We were flying with 5 more therestrals. Ginny, Weasley, the twins came alongside Harry, Granger and I.

"They were after Harry" I answered while their eyes shot unto me.

"What could they possibly want from Harry?" One of the Weasley twins asked. I bit my mouth trying to decide what to say.
"They wanted you dead, Harry. For the reason why, I cant explain it right now where we're out in the open"

We flew past half of London, finally landing on Grimmauld. The therestrals flew off once we got off. We were greeted by none other that Sirius Black and Dumbledore.

"How was the weather up there?" Sirius greeted us with a smile.
"Ah, you must be Vaerys Travers?" He said and reached out his hand.

"Oh my, are you Addi's daughter?" A middle-aged woman maybe in her early thirties approached me. She had red hair just like the weasleys.
"Im Molly Weasley, dear" She said with a warm welcoming smile.

"You know my mother?" I asked. Sirius Black and her exchanged looks.

"She was a Gryffindor, a close friend of mine" Mrs. Weasley said. I looked at her with a bit of astonishment. Father never mentioned her being in Gryffindor.

"Its getting cold out here, why dont we go inside?" Sirius Black ushered us inside.

"You are the striking resemblance of your mother, dear. But perhaps you got your eyes from your father" Mrs. Weasley said as she was handing us some soup to warm up.

"The deatheaters came to Hogwarts" I spoke up.

"We had heard from Minerva; why would they come to Hogwarts?" A brown haired man with exhausted eyes entered the dining room.

"They wanted Harry dead" I quietly said. They all looked at me.
"There was a prophecy of a boy who could vanquish the power of the dark lord. And they believe its Harry" I said recalling the prophecy my father told me.

"Ah; Im quite aware of that prophecy. Professor Trelawney had given that prophecy" Dumbledore stated.
"Harry had defeated Voldemort once, surely they believe he would do it again" Dumbledore explain.

"Well, not to worry. Harry is safe with us" Sirius Black had stated.