Chapter 3

VAERYS POV

"Look at what we have here, its the know-it-all" Draco sneered as we saw Hermione waiting outside our common room.

"Im here to talk to Travers, Malfoy" Granger glared at him. Draco smirked and turned to me.

"Isnt that your 5th admirer today, Vaerys" Draco teased me pertaining to the number of students coming up to me and trying to flirt.
"I'll leave you to it then" he said and flashes me a grin. He knows whats up.

"You foul, twisted, evil prune! what the hell was that?" Granger looked at me straight in the eyes. I could see her dark chocolate eyes shooting daggers at me. I find the sight.... quite pretty.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, Granger" I coldly replied as I stare at her.

"You know damn well what im talking about, Travers" Granger gritted her teeth and stepped closer to me with eyes that could kill. Hell, I could even smell her amber scent from here.
"I apologize for bumping into you this morning but this payback is too much" she even pushed her wand up on my neck.

"I find this attractive, Granger" I grinned at her as she lowers her want and attempts to slap me. But before her hands even grazed my face, I caught her and pinned her against the wall.
"Enjoy your detention" I whispered at her and gave myself a small cut on the cheeks. As I expected, Snape was walking through the corridor.

"Ms. Granger, what are you doing here, far from your tower?" Snape said and looked at my face.
"Care to explain?" He said slowly.

"Granger here decided it was wise to come for me and do some little damage, Professor" I said as I wiped the blood off of my face . Granger looked like she could burst from anger.

"Professor its not what it looks like she-" Granger attempted to explain but Snape cut her off.

"Ms. Travers is standing here harmed while you are not. 30 points from Gryffindor and detention tomorrow at my office after class" Snape said and briskly walked away. I turned to Granger and the daggers in her eyes became fire.

"You are a loathesome git." she said and walked away leaving me here smirking and my heart beating rapidly.

"Quite, feisty" I remarked knowing full well I had eyes on Hermione Granger since 2nd year.

"Looks like you had an interesting make out" Draco commented on my face as I entered the cold slytherin common room. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Granger has quite the temper" I gave a grin. As he handed me some butterbeer as green lights are flashed throughout the common room with music playing.

"Its the captain! Slytherins gate!" Some slytherin yelled out and they began to cheer and yell out TRAVERS. And they lifted me off the ground tugging on my coat and lifting me towards the stage in the middle.

The party went crazy and slowly dying down. Some seniors were chugging down firewhiskey they smuggled inside. Half of the party goers are drunk, some called it a night. I maybe one of those who are  tipsy but not really drunk.

"I bet no one can see behind Granger. I mean, have you seen that bushy hair?" I heard one girl gossip

"Do you remember her bucked teeth? The girl is certainly a loser!" Another girl replied.

"Shit" I feel my stomach burning and my head spinning. My teeth were getting sharper. My aggression increasing. I feel like I wanted to kill those girls there. I look out the window and saw the full moon. Oh how could I forget?

I tried to suppress my werewolf urge and walked down to try and find Draco who was having a conversation with Astoria Greengrass. I looked at him trying to get him to look at me. He took a glance at me and knew exactly what was happening. He excused himself from Astoria and walked up to me.

"Go up to the lake, I'll meet you there" He said and ran up to the girls dormitory while I rush out to the lake. I couldnt contain my werewolf for longer than 15 mins.

Almost 10 mins went by and Draco made his was to the lake and gave me the potion to control my urges. Feeling exhausted, I drank the full bottle and tried to catch my breathe.

"Curse you, mother" I cussed looking up the full moon. Addison Lestrange. My werewolf mother. Famously known for being the first ever werewolf to control her urges during transformation. As a result of conquering the wolf, she had passed down the curse to her child. She died as she gave birth to me. Maybe a consequence for being able to conquer the wolf. I had only reached as far as suppressing the urge but not control it.

"You'll control it someday" Draco said as he was the only one who knew about my mother. Everyone knew my father as Tormil Travers.