Chapter 5

HERMIONE POV

Pumpkin juice, pumpkin spice, everything pumpkin. Its officially halloween and a bunch of students were making their way to Hogsmeade to celebrate the holiday.

"Zonko's is always full of fun, aye Ron?" Fred said as we walked pass the twins who had entered Zonkos too.

"Lets drop by Honeydukes" Ron said. It was already snowing lightly which is my favorite weather around.

"Incoming" Harry warned as he saw Luna Lovegood with Travers. It has been days since that detention and she has definitely shot me death glares throughout.

"Hey Luna!" I greeted Luna with a smile and looked at the pair of silver eyes staring at somewhere near Zonkos. Probably avoiding us. Her black hair looked beautiful with the snow slightly falling. And her lips were pink. She was indeed stunning. No wonder many students fall for her.

"Blimey, Hermione you stare at her like eye-candy" Ronald whispered to me. I snapped out and looked at Luna.

"Greetings, Harry, Weasley" Travers greeted calmly as like she did not had a quarrel with Ron on the first day back. She turned to me with a hint of a smile.
"Granger" she finally said.

"Hey, Vaerys. You and Luna going to where?" Harry struck up a conversation. As I look at Luna trying to distract myself from Travers stare that I had no idea if it was deadly.

"Oh we are both going to Madame Puddifoots, Vaerys figured she wants some Rosemary tea" Luna said.

"Rosemary is my favorite tea" Travers commented with a small smile. Something she seldom even displays.

"I love green tea" Harry exclaimed. These two seemed to get along just fine.

We bid goodbye and after a short trip to Honeydukes, well more of Ronald stuffing his face with sweets, we headed our way to the three broomsticks.

"Did Harry just become friendly with Travers?" Ron muttered as soon as they sat down and ordered 3 butterbeers

"Cmon theres nothing wrong with her, just.. dont get on her wrong side, thats all" Harry said cheerfully. I huffed out my breathe and rolled my eyes. He cant really be serious!

"Thats what Hermione said a month ago, now Travers drives her bloody mental" Ron said annoyingly.

"Well Luna is friends with her, and shes the coolest person I know" Harry answered as the waiter brought our butterbeers in.

"I really dont get it. Shes all nice to Luna but absolutely becomes this whole annoying git when shes near me. Have you counted how much detention and points i've lost simply from her framing me up?!" I exclaimed irritably. How can someone be so annoying?? Ugh her grin, her glares and stares and that stupid smirk of hers. Then I remembered the whole thing that happened from our detention, her heart was pounding!

"Speak of the devil" Ron muttered and I looked at his eyes' direction. Damn wished I didnt look.

"Bloody hell" I gritted my teeth for some reason, I feel extremely narked. It was Travers snogging with Cedric Diggory.
"Why did I have to see this" I angrily muttered at the sight of Travers.

"Travers and Diggory? The world has gone mental!" Ronald quietly shouted as I avoided my gaze on those two and stood up.

"I'll go out for fresh air" I said and went out the pub. I needed to clear my head. Perhaps I loathe Travers so much that the sight of her just narks me?

"Mione" I heared Ron call out.

"What?!" I yelled out. Ron and Harry looked at each other.

"Cmon mate, you ask her" Ron nudged Harry. I crunched my forehead in confusiom.

"Do you uh, how do I say this, fancy Vaerys?" Harry asked hesitantly. I looked at him straight in the eyes with eyebrows close together.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I register the question in my head. What does he mean by fancy?

"Well uh you see-" Harry struggled to find the right words until Ron cut him off

"You wont shut up about Travers, you steal glances at her during classes and now, you completely lose it when you see her snogging Cedric" Ron plainly pointed out. I scoffed at him.

"Travers is a foul loathsome evil twisted git of a gargoyle who has nothing to do rather than annoy the damn out of me" I ranted out loudly.
"And I'd rather scrub thousands of trophies than even consider liking that dunderhead" I added and stormed off seeing Travers right there. She must have heard everything but why would I care? I looked at her and all she had was a blank expression and cold eyes staring at me like none of those words had pierced through her.

"Filthy mudbloods like you shouldnt have the audacity to scream like that about us. Be thankful we even tolerate you" at last, I heard Travers say . I had nothing to say and so, I ran back up to the castle completely shocked from what I heard. I thought she was different from the others, that maybe she didnt have an ounce of what the other purebloods believed. I didnt really mean half of what I said about her. I was just...... confused.