Chapter 10

HERMIONE POV

"Great, now that we have the list, we need to find somewhere to go and practice" I said as we walk back to Hogwarts. Harry, Ron and I had decided to make a secret group to practice magic, Harry would be teaching us. Its better to do that than learn nothing from that frog-faced git.

"Theres this old legend Fred and George used to tell me. Its a room that only appears to the student who needs it"  Ron chimed in. It was a bright and windy day, many students were walking in and out of Hogsmeade enjoying the bright day.

"Are you talking about the room of requirement?" Harry asked
"Dumbledore told me about that. Its in the 7th floor" Harry cheerfully added. We entered Hogwarts to find another new poster on the announcement wall Umbridge has put up.

"Inquistorial Squad?" I read the poster. Umbridge has been looking for selective students to join that squad of hers. I looked around seeing the Slytherins which Umbridge always favored sporting a smirk.

"Bloody hell" Ron exclaimed as he read the poster. I spotted Travers walking alone turning right from the courtyard. I bid goodbye to my friends and headed to her direction. Malfoys words kept repeating inside my head. I knew for a fact that theres good in them. I mean, above the arrogance and annoying smirks Travers displays, she has a heart.

"Travers!" I caught up to her. She looked left and right before pushing me inside an empty classroom.

"Didnt I tell you to stay away from me, Granger?" She snarled. Her hair was up into a tight slick ponytail, her eyes were still dark and cold and she was wearing a turtleneck in the shade of seaweed green and a black coat matching it.
"What do you want?" She asked as she leaned against the wall with her arms crossed.

"You" I stated and then realized what it gave off
"Im here to ask you to join us, Dumbledores Army. Its time we fight back" I reclaimed my sentence and looked at Travers who bit her lip maybe to suppress a smile or smirk? I dont know. She avoided my gaze and her eyes dropped into an Inquistorial Squad poster in the classroom
"You didnt-" I scoffed. She was implying that she had joined Umbridges squad.

"Got a problem?" She raised her eyebrows at me. Her gaze was cold and her face was stolid.
"I bet Umbridge would be delighted to hear about this Dumbledores army" She said. I huffed out air realizing I had doomed us. Why did I even trust this git? Why did I even think she had an ounce of kindness?!

"Dont you even dare" I said and pressed my wand against her neck with her pinned against the wall.
"I always thought that behind your arrogant and annoying demeanor, you had a good heart. Atleast thats what I believed in." I said. Her eyes softened before looking straight into mine.

"You must be a fool" She spat out with darkness overtaking her eyes.

"I know your regrets, Travers. Calling me a mudblood is one of them" I pushed in and moved closer to her. Her face was stolid but her eyes begged to differ. Her eyes held so much emotion.

"Just do me a favor and walk away when danger comes" she whispered into my ear sending chills down my body. She gently pushed me away leaving me confused and my heart beating fast.

VAERYS POV

I splashed myself with cold water from the girls lavatory as I stand leaning infront of the sink. Maybe im angry? Or scared? I have no idea what im feeling. Why is it when Grangers around I feel light? I feel no darkness in my soul. I dont even know which path to choose. I must admit I feel guilty about my mother and I want to make up with my father and serve the Dark Lord. But a certain part of me does not want that. I do not want to go and sport the dark mark. Nor serve the Dark Lord. I feel this emptiness inside of me.

"I just wanna be normal" I muttered as tears flash down my face. Why can I play or laugh with my friends? Why cant I be simple? A normal girl? Why must I be raised in a household of Dark Arts? I remember the words Dumbledore had told me. Even Granger's. I have noticed that I have this soft spot for that certain Gryffindor. I know that I have feelings for her. But I must distance myself from her. I dont want her to be caught up in my mess.

I dont even know why I joined Umbridge. She had always favored me as my grandfather used to be hade of magical law enforcement. I knew that Potter and his friends had gathered in the Three Broomstick to form what they called Dumbledores Army and deep inside me, I knew I wanted to join. But being the only Slytherin there? I chose the safer option.

"A choice between what is right and what is easy" I repeated those words over and over again trying to figure out what I truly want. What I consider to be right for myself.

"I knew I'd find you here" I heard Luna's dreamy voice on my back.
"You have a whole colony of wrackspurts around you" She said as I turned to her and broke down.

"I dont know what to do anymore, Luna" I mustered to say. I often just cry infront of her, ranting about the deepest pains in my chest.
"I dont know which to choose. I just want to be happy and normal. I even want to be just a muggle" I said.

"Then be brave enough to be yourself" Luna said. I wiped the tears on my face and sighed.

"Im scared,Luna. Really scared" I finally admitted. She looked at me, clutching the Quibbler.

"My mother used to say, a man must experience fear to be brave" she said and followed an imaginary creature with her eyes. Must be a Nargle.
"Dont let two paths and a little ounce of fear burden you. Sometimes its best to just flip a coin" She said. Like I said, Luna gives the best advice. Even if no one ever will believe that.