Chapter 12

HERMIONE POV

I sat alone in the library finishing up my essay. I shouldn't be expecting Travers to show up any time soon, shes always late. What she said about Cho was true. We decided to move our practice in the Chamber of Secrets without telling Cho. Pity, We trusted her. Even Harry had a thing for her.
But I kinda feel bad for the witch, she was threatened that her mum might get sacked at the ministry. On top of that, she had been given dirty stares and deadly glares by everyone in the DA.

"Just made it in time" I heard Travers speak as she lay down her bag. Her hair was still wet and she was just wearing a corduroy jacket over her half turtle neck. She must have come from practice.

"You're early today" I said. It was only 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

"Didnt have anything to do after practice, grabbed some snacks on the way." She said as she sat down with spotted pudding, lemon bars, grapes and a mug of rosemary tea.
"Have you seen Chang? That snitch had it coming" she sneered. I just stared at her and all the treats she brought.

"You're eating all of that? Before dinner?" I questioned her.

"You can have some. Im a growing kid yknow" she said. Well, she was right. A two months ago she was just two inches taller than me. Now its four perhaps its because of her athletic profile.
"Anyways, karma did her good with people calling Chang 'ChoBalloon' the snitches head went bloody huge" she said with a sneer.

"That was you isnt it? You hexed her?" I said with a steady gaze as she continued to eat some of those grapes.
"Travers!" I hissed at her.

"So what?" She innocently said.

"That was wrong" I exclaimed. She just looked at me and shrugged.

"Never said it was right, Granger. I dont really see the issue here" She blatantly said. And looked over to our left where some Slytherin girls were. I even see Pansy Parkinson blow a kiss.
"Bloody hell" Travers said with downturned lips. I scrunched my nose and looked at Travers. Does Pansy fancy her? Merlin!

"What was that about?" I asked her and she just smirked.

"Parkinson is a leech. Cant shake her off when we're at the common room" Travers stated. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"She likes you" I scoffed at her.

"Oh? I must be too charming" she grinned. I rolled up my parchment and hit her head.
"Merlins, Granger! No need to be brutal" she said as she clutched her head. Causing the other Slytherins to turn to us.

"You're such an arrogant git" I whispered to her as she just attracted the attention of frog-faced slytherins on us.

"Must be torture spending time with a foolish wand-waving muggle, Vaerys!" Milliscent Bulstrode taunted. Travers lightly chuckled and turned to her.

"Well I'd rather spend time with the brightest witch of our age than witness your outpouring stupidity" Travers snapped leaving the Slytherins completely taken a back.
"Was your mum a frog? You really resemble one" Travers added and turned to her lemon bars like nothing happened.

"You just made them hate me" I hissed at Travers while feeling the glare from the other table. She continued to eat her lemon bars while writing on a parchment.

"Trust me, Granger. They know better than mess with you" she said and sipped some tea like its something normal for her. I shook my head in disapproval.
"If they dont want their tongues to turn into horns" Travers added. I rolled my eyes and studied her while she writes her essay. How can someone be so unpredictable? She can go on and yell at you, piss you off and call you the M word and then the next thing you know, she defends you?

"You made an essay about ramen? Travers, do you even know that ramen is?" I said as I reviewed her essay on Muggle studies which we were required to take atleast a year of it.

"Of course I do, I eat it sometimes" She answered as she chugged down the last of her tea which was already cold.

"Its a muggle food" I said in a questioning tone. Travers chuckled and looked at me.

"I always go to this ramen shop down London during the break. Its my favorite muggle food" she answered enthusiastically. As she was cleaning up her things. It was almost dinner time.

"You continue to surprise me" I muttered to myself as I grab my things.

"I find it fascinating how the muggles communicate from far away. They use a device; what was it called? Oh! A fellytone" Travers stated. I looked at her and laughed. She shot me a confused glance.

"You need to review your notes, Travers. Its called a telephone" I said when I had finally stopped my laughter.

"Psh. Same thing" she shrugged it off and attempted to walk out but then a young wizard bumped into her.
"Consider growing more eyes" She sneered at the young boy. Poor 1st year, he's probably terrified.

"You should be nicer, Travers" I said as I caught up with her.

"Out of my vocabulary" she answered as we parted ways.

"Blimey Hermione, we've been looking everywhere for you" Ronald caught up with me as I was walking towards our common room.

"I was tutoring Travers, didnt you remember?"I answered him.

"How was she? Did she say anything about Umbridge?" Ron added. I simply shook my head and got ready for dinner which is only a quarter hour away.