A Mansion and Terrifying Gift

Y/N's POV,

The gang and I had arrived in front this huge mansion with all our belongings. You see, that old guy that came in Wiz's shop was a landlord that needed help getting rid some ghost that came in the mansion. Since we promised Wiz that Aqua would do her work and guide spirits to heaven, we said that we'd help. In return he would let us stay in the mansion. The gates opened and we all looked at the building.

Kazuma: Welp this is it.

Aqua: This'll do. Oh yeah this'll do nicely. This is a perfect home for a goddess of my caliber.

Megumin: It's big, I heard it used to belong to some aristocrat.

Darkness: The landlord is certainly generous letting us live here after we have exorcised the evil spirits from it.

Kazuma: You know what I found out? Wiz has this rep for being a great mage. If someone's got a problem with a ghost, they go talk to her.

Aqua: This big warm house is our ticket to surviving this freezing winter. Exorcising a couple ghosts will be a cinch for me. They're good as gone.

Y/N: You sure seem to be super confident.

Kazuma: But the dude said whenever others tried to exorcise this place it never worked, the ghosts kept coming back.

Y/N: Aww come on Kazuma, Aqua can surely do this.

Aqua: Yeah I'm a goddess and an arch priest so this time it'll be different. I'm an all around anti undead expert.

Aqua then stuck her arms out as her hands lighted up.

Aqua: Yes I see it clear now, there was a child

Aqua: Yes I see it clear now, there was a child. She was the product of a casual affair between the lord of this house and a maid. To avoid scandal she was locked up here. The lord was a grilled man who died from some mysterious illness and the maid disappeared soon after. Their child lived alone in this empty mansion wondering the halls until she too died.

I was intrigued with the story but Kazuma, Megumin and Darkness had blank expressions on their faces and started walking to the door.

Kazuma: Sounds to me like someone's been reading way too many gothic romance novels.

Kazuma grabbed my sleeve and took me with them. I'm sure Aqua will realize that we're walking away. Right?

Some time had passed as the sun was now setting. We had cleaned up the whole mansion and emptied our stuff. It was tiring, man cleaning a mansion sucks.

Y/N: Phew. Now that all that's done, it's time to hit the hey.

Darkness: We each picked out our rooms. Our bags have been unpacked, now to wait for the ghosts.

Kazuma: How about we let some fresh air in and-

He opens a window and was cut off by the sight of Aqua still standing out there telling the story.