The Destroyer and...

Sorry if this chapter came out a little more late than usual, I was caught up with school work but since I'm good now here's the new chapter. Enjoy |(• •)|

Y/N's POV,

The last thing that was on my mind were the sound of bells going off as Luna announced that this Destroyer was coming and that all citizens must evacuate immediately. However I was only focused on the letter I was holding. I felt distraught. Not knowing what to do and being left with me talking to myself. Aqua called out to me.

Aqua: Y/N don't just stand there!

Y/N: Huh?

I turn around to see Aqua with all our belongings while pulling my arm.

Aqua: We have to leave it'll be here any minute!

Y/N: B-But what about-

Megumin: Let's go!!

Y/N: Huh- hey!

Megu was pushing me out the doorway. She was using force and looked worried as hell. I see Kazuma outside confused as I am. Still unaware of the situation, I planted my feet on the ground so Megu couldn't push me.

Megumin: Y/N what's your deal? We have to go before it arrives!

Y/N: Before what arrives?

Megumin: The Mobile Fortress Destroyer. It's suicide to try to fight something so fearsome.

Kazuma: Can someone tell me what a Destroyer even is?!

Darkness then comes out of the mansion in her knight armor.

Darkness: It is an ancient weapon. And wherever it rampages through not even the grass remains.

Kazuma: It's that powerful?!

Y/N: Guys let's head to the guild.

Aqua: You're crazy Y/N! We can't face that!

Y/N: I ain't running away just to have all the things we worked hard for gone. I'll protect this town and the people here! I understand if you want to leave and if I can't do anything about the Destroyer, I'll catch up to you.

Aqua: But Y/N-

Y/N: I refuse to run away!!

I then run to the guild seeing other adventurers going in. I entered and joined the crowd where Luna was in the front gathering their attention. I squeezed my way through the front to get a closer look. Surprisingly I saw Chris there.

Y/N: Yo Chris, it's been a while.

Chris: There you are, I knew you showed up. Where are the others?

Y/N: They were going to evacuate with the other townspeople. I refused and ran here to see what I could do.

Chris: Oh, it sounds like you want to be the hero of this town?

Y/N: Aren't I already the hero, I did defeat a Devil King General after all. Well with their guy's help of course. I wish they could be here to help.

Then a voice responded and I quickly recognized it.

Kazuma: Which is why we're here.

Y/N: Kazuma you're here! *Sees the everyone else behind him* You guys are here too! And Aqua, I knew you wouldn't just leave.

Aqua: Yeah... I'm here. We better get out this easily Y/N.

Y/N: Don't worry I'll make sure you and everyone is safe.