~~Follow Up~~

As of writing this, it's been roughly 2 weeks since I uploaded the finale and the comments from the chapter have been really heartwarming to read and overall seems to come out positive. I say this a lot but thank you guys for the support, but now I have a lot to say about this entire story as a whole now that it's done. So I hope I don't bore you guys. I mean it's not long like my previous chapters. Just a quick ramble. Enjoy!

~~~

I remember when deciding on what to title the finale, it was either "A Happy Ending Does Exist!" or "The Final Heroic Death." I thought the second one would've served fine since it would be a play on to the other titles "The Heroic Death," "The Second Heroic Death," and "The Not So Heroic Death." Yet with how I titled the second to last one "Where's My Happy Ending?!" I figured the first option was better since it was a 2-part finale.

Speaking of the finale, I was curious to see how it would turn out with how Y/N ended up surviving the events and not having to go out like Jonathan did back in part 1 of Jojo. My intent was to always end it in a happy ending hence the title, but it wasn't how I pictured it at first.

You see I had this tendency of coming up with numerous ideas as I kept progressing and uploading chapters. The story would've been very different from what it turned out to be. For one thing, Dio would have been defeated earlier on and I would have implemented more of Jojos part 2. Maybe even add more moments with Aqua. I'd likely write something about Y/N perfecting his hamon, to ultimately revealing the Devil King's identity. I don't know it'll be considered a spoiler since I don't intend to use it anymore but the Devil King would've been Kars and Y/N and everyone else would stop his allies (Wamuu and Esidisi) first, then a huge battle against Kars where it would essentially play into the final fight at the end of part 2. And also that scene where Caesar dies and Joseph screams out his name, it would've been Kazuma who dies and Y/N screams his name only for Aqua to resurrect him.

All this could've been cool to write but I realized something halfway through deciding. It took 12 chapters to introduce Dio. And we are at 35 chapters in total (not including this one). That's a whole lot of chapters for a fan fic. So I scraped that idea immediately and just focused on Dio and the entirety of part 1. Resulting in only two callbacks from part 2 being Y/N fighting Santana one of the pillar men and Donovan. And even that wasn't until chapter 16. So imagine how long it would've taken if I did decided to go through with it.

Do I regret it, no not really. I continued writing these chapters because I enjoyed making them. I just improvised if an idea wasn't going to work out. I mean they were fun to make and seeing the comments and interactions was awesome to see. No matter how I originally planned it, I'm still happy how it turned out in the end. I didn't abandon it, I didn't ignore it, or even reset it. I finished it all the way. And I'm proud with what I was able to make from it. Implementing both worlds from Konosuba and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure was fun to do. And I think that's what matters, if you had fun making a story and are happy with it, it's a win. And if people enjoy it too, the more the merrier.

~~~

You know looking back it's honestly crazy to think how this all started. In fact I still remember when I did the draft for the first chapter thinking nothing of it.

Before I started writing this story, I would read a ton of Konosuba fan fics in which some were really well written. I enjoyed most of them but I soon realized something. There were more Megumin and Darkness stories than there were of Aqua. And I was like, "What?! How?!" I mean there are a few Aqua fan fics that are really good so here's a quick shoutout to these other Aqua stories. Check them out they're good.

 Check them out they're good