Chapter XLVI

~Wednesday 28th February 2018~

"Stay still," Dakota murmured drowsily, clutching onto Vasile's shirt when the man tried to reach for his phone. It wasn't that he was uncomfortable, although his back was beginning to twinge a little; he just wanted to check the time. He wasn't sure how long it had been since Dakota and Vasile had slumped down from their bedroom to find Mylo, Akos and Izelon in a pile of blankets and pillows on the living room floor. Of course, the moment that Akos got up to make breakfast, Dakota had insisted they join the pile. Vasile hadn't even bothered to protest.

Dakota had been in a shockingly good mood over the past few days, despite having essentially been disowned by his family. He was clingier than usual, however, Vasile had no issues with that. He liked his lover to be so close to him, it was a welcome feeling since he had been somewhat distant after his father's death. No doubt there would be a lot for Dakota to speak about with Kalvin on the second, death and grief along with the happiness he seemed to be exhibiting from moving in with the gargoyles.

"Mylo, can you pass me my phone?" Vasile whispered, unable to quite reach the device from where he was laid. It seemed that everyone was stuck to him, with Izelon and Dakota on either side of him and Mylo resting between his legs with his head on the man's stomach. It had been cute to begin with, now Vasile was getting a little too warm.

"Mhmm," Mylo fumbled around beside him, barely opening his eyes before holding up Vasile's phone for him. Mylo had the majority of the pillows around him, he was nesting. His stomach was getting bigger by the day and apparently it had been his idea to sleep down in the living room with Izelon. They both needed the positive affirmation of good company.

"I need to get up, kitten," Vasile would have run a hand through Dakota's hair if it wasn't wrapped around Izelon, he was literally pinned by all of the bodies around him. It was lucky he didn't have any issue with being so restrained, he was safe, after all, and he trusted the three around him.

"No," Dakota snuggled closer, resting his head in the crook of Vasile's neck and peppering sluggish kisses there. Vasile could only bite his tongue to prevent any moans slipping out, although he doubted he would be judged if they were to. How could he ever stay silent when Dakota had decided that was the time to lavish him with attention?

"Kitten, just take a moment to look where your brother is before you give me a hard-on," Vasile whispered somewhat firmly, feeling the warmth in his navel that made him wish that he was alone with his Kept. They hadn't slept together since before Grant's funeral, as Vasile didn't want to push Dakota into something he wasn't ready for. He wanted the boy to cope with his guilt, rather than trying to avoid it. That didn't make it any more difficult to control himself, however.

"Don't get up," Dakota whined, dragging a hand up slowly and fisting it through Vasile's hair, only making the man's eyes droop closed once again. How could his touch feel so damn amazing?

"I have to, kitten," Vasile often found himself feeling awfully guilty over having to leave Dakota when the boy was obviously wanting to sleep more. It was the worst aspect of the bond shared between the two of them. It wasn't even as though it was fair either, Vasile could sleep without Dakota, but the reverse was impossible. Nature was cruel like that.

"Don't have to," when Vasile opened his eyes once again, he found that Dakota was pouting. He really did look tired, and Vasile wished he could have stayed to allow the boy some more rest, however, he had promised to help pick up some things for the nursery with Akos. In fact, Dakota had offered to paint a mural in there too, which he hadn't started. He could be forgiven, given the current situation, but it might be a good idea to keep his mind off of his fatigue.