Chapter XV

~Tuesday 21st November 2017~

"How did you even get into the hospital, V? You don't look like the kind of guy to have a medical degree," Dakota folded his clothes carefully, placing them into the duffle bag that Vasile had brought for him. There had been a short argument over who would be packing, but Dakota won in the end. He had a feeling he would, Vasile didn't like to make the boy unhappy in any way. Dakota was beginning to see the perks of having a soulmate, they were very easy to wrap around one's finger.

"I have contacts who work here," Vasile crossed his arms over his chest, leaning against the wall nearby, his eyes never leaving Dakota. The boy had a feeling Vasile was hoping he would have some sort of dizzy spell so he could utter the age-old 'I told you so', Dakota would prevent it at all costs just to avoid that. He didn't like to be proved wrong. He felt better anyway, thirty-six hours straight of sleep could do wonders.

"And how did you know I was here? Are you stalking me?" Dakota lifted his head, grinning at the man, who only shook his head with a smile of his own. Vasile had such a pretty smile, perfectly symmetrical, with an impish glee always present whenever it was directed at Dakota. It was nice to know that he could make someone so happy, even by doing so little. Dakota didn't dare mention that Vasile seemed to be growing to have that same effect on him.

"I was keeping tabs, I expected a situation like this to occur," Dakota wasn't so sure that was a good thing anymore, returning his attention to the duffle bag with a little less light in his eyes, "I'm friends with another doctor here, I told him to contact me if you were ever brought in, sleep related or not. We couldn't exactly have them taking blood tests now, could we?"

"Why?" Dakota zipped up the duffle bag with a confused frown, intending to lift it off of the bed, only for Vasile's hand to reach out and take it from him. Clearly the boy's power stopped at simple gestures, he didn't mind really, it was a little heavy. Although he wouldn't ever admit that to Vasile, nor would he admit how attractive it was for the man to take care of him. He had never been interested in that kind of relationship before, but it was beginning to grow on him.

"You don't have human DNA anymore, Kota," Dakota couldn't help but wish Vasile would call him kitten again. He preferred that to Kota, it sent shivers running through him each time the word passed over the man's lips. Still, he didn't have the confidence to actually ask for that, and he didn't want to risk Vasile thinking he was ready to move at a faster pace.

"So what did you do?" Dakota perched on the edge of the bed, leaning over to slip his feet into his boots. Even though he was actually capable of tying his laces this time, Vasile already knelt down and took over from him. It was probably for the best, the blood rushing to his head from being hunched over tended to stimulate more headaches within the boy and he wasn't exactly cured of those just yet.

Having learnt to rely on his own independence from a young age, Dakota hadn't had someone tie his laces for a long time. It was bizarrely comforting for someone to take care of him. Maybe Vasile would do a better job than he had. Then again, just about anyone would be able to do that. Dakota wasn't exactly renowned for his intelligent life choices. Maybe having Vasile around to help would be a good thing. If the man didn't take the opportunity too far anyway.

"Switched out the blood for Mylo's. It's almost identical, and Mylo was never hospitalised here. He's treated mostly by Pete if there's anything wrong with him," Dakota still had to have that conversation with Mylo about his eating disorder. He knew it might trigger some emotional reaction with the boy, but he wanted to know more. Well, he didn't necessarily have to speak to Mylo actually...

"Why did he do it?" Dakota inquired once Vasile had risen from the floor once again, "Mylo, I mean, did you ever find out why he stopped eating?" After years of talking about his own issues, Dakota was more than happy to discuss someone else's. Even better if they were his brother's, it was always good to have a little dirt on everyone just in case. Not that he was planning on using Mylo's disorder against him, it was simply the brotherly thing to do.