Chapter XLVIII

~Wednesday 14th march 2018~

Ruffling a towel through his hair, Dakota walked out of the ensuite and back into the bedroom he shared with Vasile. He didn't care for the water dripping off his bare chest, knowing that Vasile wouldn't mind all that much either. Not that he was anywhere near to see, he had disappeared whilst Dakota had been in the shower, leaving only the boy's suit laid out on the bed. God, he hated wearing damn suits. At least it had a little more colour than the one he had worn for Grant's funeral. As if his brothers would force him to wear all black for their weddings, that certainly wasn't Mylo's style.

Three weddings in a day, Dakota sighed, it was going to be tiring. Easton was easy, he wanted something small, and Izelon had agreed. Torin was a little more difficult, since his marriage to Ysmael was to be his coronation too, even though he was still human. That was a much more difficult ceremony to perform. And, of course, Mylo had been having issues with his growing stomach ever since the whole situation had been planned, so Dakota was anticipating a meltdown any minute now. Still, he couldn't help but smile.

Rubbing his legs with the towel one final time, Dakota dropped the fabric to the floor and pulled on a pair of boxers. He happened to catch a glimpse of himself in the mirror, distracted as he stood before the full length of his reflection, still able to see the happiness lingering in his expression. His ring glinted on his finger, along with the gold scar over his palm that apparently would never fade. Easton would be lucky to receive the same ceremony. Mylo and Torin had to simply endure a modern wedding ceremony, which would be repeated as a Unity once the two were turned. Until then, Akos and Ysmael were to stay away from Joshua, just in case, and their true names still to be hidden. Dakota would have to wait a little while longer to know the truth of their identities.

"You look beautiful," Dakota could only giggle at Vasile's compliment, peering over his shoulder to see the man lingering in the doorway to their bedroom. Silent as always, yet not so startling to Dakota anymore. He was tuned into Vasile's wavelength now, bonded to him on a whole nother level, he could practically pinpoint where he was every moment of every day.

"Not wearing a tie?" Dakota returned to the side of the bed, picking up the dark blue slacks that had been laid out for him and pulling them on. Anything was better than black. Apparently, blue was the theme of choice for the weddings that day.

"Ysmael wanted me to wear my uniform, Torin managed to get him down to a suit. I'm not complaining," of course, Ysmael would be the one king against something so naturally formal. Then again, Vasile did always look dashing in his general uniform.

"Torin has that man wrapped around his little finger," Dakota smiled to himself once again, carefully lacing his belt through the loops of his slacks but not bothering to buckle it yet. At least he had remembered that he had to put his shirt on first.

"Who would have thought it?" Vasile left the door ajar behind him as he walked over to Dakota, "I love you, you know that, right?" Vasile cupped Dakota's cheek, brushing his thumb down the velvet skin with such care that the boy barely even felt it. So gentle when he wanted to be, Dakota couldn't even predict it anymore. He liked that. The surprise of what side of Vasile might surface each day.

"You're my husband, of course I know that, Cael," Vasile only beamed when Dakota used his true name, making the boy wonder how long it would be until that novelty wore off. If ever.

"We should renew our vows today, I'm sure they'd have time for us too," despite Dakota not particularly caring that his vows to Vasile had been under pretty horrific circumstances, the man was still adamant on them having a real ceremony. He was a stickler for detail.

"Mmm, maybe not today," Dakota picked up the white shirt from the bed, shrugging it over his shoulders, "Mylo's gonna be a handful enough, I don't think you need two wedding albums full of bloated husbands," trying his best to act nonchalant, Dakota could feel Vasile staring at him. He knew the man was confused, trying to understand the situation, and could only bite down on his cheek as he tried to suppress the smile pulling at the corners of his lips.

Reap the Earth at Which you Stand [boyxboy]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara