Chapter LII

~Saturday 24th March 2018~

"You've been limping all morning," Dakota chuckled, having moved to stand next to his brother whilst they waited for Ysmael to finish his conversation with Hades.

"Just because you're pregnant does not mean I won't fucking floor you," Torin growled, although his deepening blush only made Dakota laugh even more, "you'd limp too if you had two-" Torin cut himself off, pinching the bridge of his nose whilst Dakota tried to muffle his laughter with his hand.

"You did not," the look of pure bashful rage on Torin's face answered Dakota perfectly, "I can't believe you did that before me. I've been gay for years and you get two cocks up your-"

"Oh for the love of God, stop talking!" Torin hissed, clamping his own hand over Dakota's mouth whilst the boy continued to laugh, "if you mention it to anyone, I swear to fucking... Fucking Hades, I will tell Vas every single embarrassing sex story you have ever had," in an instant, Dakota stopped laughing, narrowing his eyes at his brother, skeptical of the truth in his words. It was best not to risk it really, there were more than a few scenarios from Dakota's younger years that he didn't need Vasile knowing about.

"If you two are quite finished," in the heat of the moment, neither Torin nor Dakota had noticed that Ysmael was finished, waiting much closer with Vasile, both smiling at their husbands, "we best be leaving, I don't particularly want to hike through the forest in the dark," Ysmael took Torin's hand, pulling the boy close whilst they walked through the halls. Dakota merely grinned when Vasile draped an arm over his shoulders, wrapping an arm around the man's waist in return.

"Sire has instructed me to guide you through the doorway," the same demon that had brought the four through the initial doorway met with them as they reached the castle bridge. Thankfully, Dakota had grown accustomed enough to Hades' domain that he no longer felt such a strong pull from the incubus.

Dakota had to squint from the light when he passed through the doorway back to that same forest. It had been so dingy and dark in Hell that he almost forgotten what it was like to feel the sunlight all around him. He was just beginning to smile when a sudden gunshot beside him had him tense all over again. Vasile stepped in front of him, shielding him almost entirely, clearly anticipating more bullets. However, it was only the demon that had been hit, and the gargoyles could only watch as he crumpled to the ground, wheezing and clawing at his chest.

As Dakota watched the demon writhing around on the forest floor, black ooze seeping from the wound in it's chest, he could only sigh. There was nothing any of them could do to help, the poison had already reached his heart, seeping in with the blood and being pumped all around his body. In seconds, he would lose consciousness, then he would die swiftly after. Hopefully, not too many more souls would join him.

"I should have known you would find some loophole, Caelesti," Joshua stepped out of the shadows, clearly thinking that he had made some dramatic entrance, looking far too smug for someone alone in the woods with four gargoyles. Then again, the likelihood that Joshua had come alone was unbelievably low. He didn't like to get his hands dirty, and he was well aware of his own mortality. He wouldn't make such a risk all for the flare of dramatics.

"And I should suppose you're immune too, Tallis?" Joshua paused, watching Ysmael closely, waiting for any sign that his true name might have actually worked. At least that proved the theory, marriage and Unity was the way to go, Ysmael could finally tell his subjects. It would save hundreds of lives.

"Come to kill us?" Dakota was never one to beat around the bush, asking outright the question he knew was lingering in the air. It was obvious really, but Dakota knew how Joshua liked to believe he was in control. Then again, it wasn't Joshua's control issues that Dakota was worried about, it was Vasile's. He was standing half in front of Dakota, shielding the majority of the boy's body with his own, his muscles tense as he glowered at Joshua. If looks could kill, they would all be a lot safer by now.