Chapter XXIII

~Wednesday 13th December 2017~

"Kota, I'm not going anywhere, kitten, you don't have to hold onto me so tight," funny, Vasile couldn't even remember Dakota stopping over for the night, then again, he couldn't remember what day it was either. He hadn't gotten drunk or anything, sometimes he just got a little disoriented when he woke. He slept like a rock, and it made waking difficult. It passed, it always passed.

"Seriously, kitten, you're clearly a little stronger than you think, loosen up before you snap me," Vasile shifted ever so slightly in the iron-clad grip around his waist, glancing down at the arms wound around him. He let out a sigh then, not frustrated or sad, just a heavy breath as he rested his head back on the pillow. It wasn't Dakota, of course.

"Izzi, I forgot," Vasile admitted in a soft voice, turning completely onto his other side to face the gargoyle spooning him. His eyes were closed, but Vasile doubted Izelon was still sleeping, he never rested well during his heat. His brows were furrowed, and Vasile could feel the man's erection pressed up against his hip, only adding to the guilt that was already swarming him. How could he have forgotten something so crucial?

"Dakota isn't coming around today, right?" Izelon asked, shuffling closer to Vasile, if that was even possible, and resting his head against the man's chest. He was already feverish, Vasile could feel it through the t-shirt he had opted to wear to bed. At least he hadn't slept naked, he wouldn't have wanted to tempt Izelon into the treatment he used to offer to soothe his heats.

"Not that I'm aware of," Vasile vowed to call Dakota later that day, just to ensure he wouldn't make any sort of surprise entrance. Akos would have already left with Mylo, they tended to leave in the middle of the night when they went up to the cabin. Mylo just preferred to travel under cover of nightfall, he liked to watch the stars. It was safer that way too, and less hassle with Izelon. He always felt so guilty about the two having to go up to the cabin once a month because of him. Of course, it was the same with Vasile, it was just safer for Mylo, they couldn't risk attacking him.

"Pete isn't bringing Loral either?" Izelon had been plagued with horrific heats all his life. It had been easier to deal with before Vasile had formed his bond with Dakota; this would be the first heat the man wouldn't be able to offer any definitive help to his friend. He would just have to let him suffer like he had himself. Ice baths and rope, that was the agenda today.

"Pete is well aware of our heat dates, he's careful. If he comes over, he'll be by himself. Hopefully, Loral will be spending time with Kota," Vasile rolled onto his back, with Izelon following instantly, practically moulding himself to the man's side. It made him wonder whether Dakota would be jealous. Of course, Vasile could feel no attraction to Izelon, it was physically impossible due to his bond to Dakota, but he still mused over the idea of his boy being jealous. He was probably very cute when he was jealous, it made Vasile smile at the thought, if that wasn't too depraved.

"You're worried about him," despite being wrought with carnal desire, Izelon still retained enough of himself to be concerned with Vasile's Kept. It was pleasant really, or maybe it wasn't. Maybe it made everything so much worse because Vasile truly had to watch his friend go through the agony of his heat alone every month. Maybe it would have been so much less painful if Izelon became some crazed beast, then Vasile could truly distance himself from the situation. He wouldn't have to associate one of his closest friends with the creature he became once a month.

"He didn't take to his transition very well last week," Vasile stared up at the ceiling with a frown, remembering the agony his Kept had been in for the majority of that evening, "he fought against it so his brothers didn't find out but he hurt himself in the process. It was almost as bad as his first time."