Chapter XXV

~Wednesday 20th December 2017~

Dakota didn't want to go home, he hadn't wanted to leave the penthouse that night at all. Usually, he didn't mind returning home, although he did feel some sense of guilt whenever he was around his family. However, that night, he just didn't want to be there. Dakota knew it wouldn't be pleasant, hence why he had been holed away in his bedroom all day, avoiding everyone possible. He knew they would come find him sooner or later, no Arizona was allowed to be alone that night. Not on the anniversary of Mylo's disappearance.

Dakota would have done anything to stay away from his family that night. The rituals they were forced to perform, Dakota hated them. He hated them before and he detested them even more now with what he knew. He was the one person that could put his family out of their misery. He knew. He knew Mylo was alive, he knew where the boy was, he knew he was unharmed. He had to carry that knowledge around with him whilst his family dealt with their grief all day. It was agonizing.

Dakota: Can you send me a nude or something? I'd prefer not to feel so depressed all day x. Vasile had barely spoken to Dakota since he dropped him off at the house in the morning, meaning the boy really had been alone all day. He just wanted someone to talk to, someone who wouldn't spend the entire time crying about his twin.

Vasile: Like this? I've never sent nudes before, this is very new to me x. Dakota giggled at the picture Vasile sent, his bottom lip catching between his teeth. He was standing in front of the floor-length mirror in his room, wearing only a pair of low hanging sweatpants. The light in his bedroom made it look as though his expanse of muscles glistened, the brands and scars littered sparsely over his flesh. He looked beautiful, as always. At least that brightened Dakota's mood.

Dakota: Typically, you're completely nude in the picture, hence the name. You look cute there though x. Despite the confidence the man had on a daily basis, Vasile's stance in the picture seemed nervous. Almost stiff. Dakota vowed to himself that he would fix that, in due time. If Vasile was helping him with his own self-confidence than the least he could do is return the favour.

Vasile: Do you want me to send another? X. Dakota could practically see the blush staining Vasile's cheeks, which only made him smile. A near eight thousand-year-old gargoyle, blushing, it was damn adorable.

It was nice to have some humour in their conversation, since Vasile had been acting a little tense ever since his heat. It had been traumatic for him, he had given in to a side of himself that he didn't like, and he had beaten himself up about it for the last two days. Dakota didn't even want to think about how long he had spent just holding the man whilst he sobbed, apologising over and over despite the boy holding nothing against him.

Dakota: No, V, that's OK. The one you sent me was good x. Dakota thought about setting it as his lock screen on his phone, but decided against it. That would be too risky, if his parents saw, he wouldn't have any answers to the questions they might ask. At least he could have it saved in his gallery in case he wanted to look at it again, maybe even replicate it on canvas. One day, he wouldn't have to worry about all that. He could have pictures of Vasile on his phone, could see the man whenever he wanted, could truly be with him all the time. Rather than splitting his life between family and love. Hmm, maybe it was too early for that word, Dakota would have to be careful not to slip that into conversation.

Vasile: Are you OK? I know this isn't an easy time for you x. Dakota's smile faded, still held on his face, simply much fainter. It was nice to know that someone was thinking of him at that time, Vasile was always thinking of him. He was selfless like that, another aspect that Dakota valued about him greatly.