Chapter 8

I went to the formal side and picked out a pastel blue polka dot dress which covered my breasts and knees.

I walked out in the outfit and taking a look in the mirror.

I looked different. I looked set and ready. But for what. I looked organised and.. and beautiful? Yes, beautiful. I looked clean. My thoughts were cut short by Margaret clearing her throat.

"Ma'am, Sir asked us to be down at 7, its 2 minutes past" she commented with a hint of fear.

"If you are ready we can go downstairs to the dining room."

And I looked at myself once again in the mirror and gestured for Margaret to lead the way.

I was nervous, scared.  

Walking down the stairs towards the dining room flashbacks of the other morning had returned. This made me remember how harsh he can be. 

Today I had hoped for a better day. For both me and Dante.

 Stuck in my own bubble of thoughts I realised we had arrived at the table as everyone turned their heads to me. 

The table was full. Dante at the head of the table with Alessandro on his right and Matteo next to Alessandro. 

The table was full of men which I didn't recognize. 

My eyes fell upon the head of the table, where Dante had been seated with both of his arms leaning on the table as he stared at me.

Soon the silence was broken by a clear of throat from Alessandro who only smiled at me, for which I had returned. 

I stood awkwardly with my hands crossed in front of me as Dante looked me up and down before he tapped his left side of the table seat which was empty.

I walked towards the chair as the men carried on their breakfast with the chatter. 

Dante watched each of my step as I pulled the chair back and had sat down. I looked down at my hands to save myself from any embarrassment. 

My chair was pulled which made my eyes look up at the direction. I was now face to face with Dante as he stared back. 

He leant closer to my ear and whispered with his hot breath, "You look bella angel"

My heart skipped a beat as my face turned red. I looked up at him to see his face inches from mine.

"Maria, get Angel's breakfast" He spoke with calmness as he distanced himself from me and returned to his food.

I looked up to see Alessandro give me a smirk before starting a conversation in Italian with Dante who spoke back as fluently.

A plate of fresh Croissants, fruit, and jam were placed in front of me as I replied with a soft smile and a low thank you.

I looked around me as no one  paid attention to my actions as Dante motioned for me to eat. 

I hesitantly cut the croissant and took a bite out of it before moaning at the goodness. Shit. I opened my eyes to see Dante and the men stare at me as my mouth stopped moving.

I slowly chewed as my face went red in embarrassment as I looked down at the plate of food.

I watched as Dante carried on his conversation with the other men before sliding back his chair and lifting himself up.

He walked towards me closing the distance between us before I looked up at him. 

His hand caressed my smooth face as he kissed by forehead before whispering, "You've been a good girl angel, I am going work and will be back late."