Chapter 28

A large sigh left my mouth in defeat. Will he let me? Will he shout? I was stuck in thought...

.....

My eyes slowly open as I feel a soft tap on my shoulder, my eyes travel to Dante's Mom standing as she smiled down at me.

"How are you feeling?" She spoke softly. My eyes scanned the room in a little confusion before they returned back to her face.

"I'm feeling much better after a little rest" I spoke with my groggy voice as I shifted to make space for her to sit down.

"A little? That sleep time was almost 24 hours but I guess you were tired" She answered.

My eyes shifted to the clock right next to my bed to see the time of 7:45 as my eyes then shifted to the balcony to see the dark sky. 

"I guess I was tired" I rubbed my eyes to get the tiredness out.

"I bought you food so you can have some medicine, Dante will be home soon" Savannah turned her back on me as she grabbed the food tray from the coffee table behind her and then put it on my bed.

"It looks delicious but I really don't feel like eating" I honestly spoke as I eyed the mouth watering food in front of me.

"Come on" She sat down next to me and rubbed my arm, "Food will make you feel better, don't you want to start walking comfortably again?" Her smile made me smile back at her.

"I do want to, in fact I was deciding on working again after I feel better" I felt the urge to tell her about me wanting to work as I needed them to know that I had a life before he forced me to marry him.

"Honey.." She paused as my eyes connected to hers. Her face now serious. "In this world, it's dangerous for a woman to work without safety. We have enemies. A lot of them and they can hurt you" She softly but sternly spoke.

My brows furrowed at this comment. I didn't mean anything to them. I was just the wife of the Don and nothing else. I didn't even know how this worked.

"I don't need safety. I can protect myself" I looked at the door infront of me, refusing to look at her.

A chuckle left her mouth, "You'll be needing more than just yourself to protect. It hard to protect yourself as a woman, It's even harder when you are the mafia boss' wife." 

I was about to respond before she interrupted, "Eat before Dante gets here, He ordered me to make sure your fed and given medication before he comes back" She lifted her arm to check the time on her watch. "In about.. 1 hour so if I was you, I would start chewing" Then she walked out.

My face showed even more confusion as I let out a irritated sigh. How am I going to convince? Will Dante even allow me? Ugh..

I stared down at the food as I felt the urge to eat the plate of food in front. 

My hand lifted towards the food to eat but the door opened to my husband who silently closed the door behind him.

My eyes followed his body as he took his blazer off and threw it onto the bed before rolling his sleeves up. My eyes lingered on the arms before connecting back to his eyes which were already staring at mine.

I watched as he walked towards the bed as he sat on the edge without a word said. His hand lifted my tray onto his lap. I watched back in confusion as I watched closely on what he was doing.

His hands lifted to the spoon as he quietly collected the food and held it close to my face as his eyes watched my reaction. I looked at the spoon and then at him. My heart sped in discomfort and confusion.