Chapter 13

"I will now on sleep on this same bed with you and you can't do anything about it."

He was about to walk into the bathroom before he turned back around,

"Next time I will cut off your legs so you can't run." He spoke before leaving to the bathroom as I just stared ahead at the wall.

My Life Has No Been Destroyed.

.............

I didn't sleep all night. Not even a blink. I stared at the wall ahead as tears silently ran down my face.

The body next to me did not move but continuously told me to sleep without another whimper.

My mind refused to think and had stopped the minute his death was around. Father gave me many pains, He gave me pains which still have not healed yet.

But at the end of the day, he was still my father. My blood. The man that fed me when I was hungry. The man that helped me learn. The man that taught me the right and wrongs.

He was now gone and he was now replaced by Dante.

My head turned to him. He slept peacefully without moving an inch. How can he fall peacefully when I am here distressed.

I made him angry last night. Like angry. He shouted at me for the first time and I had a feeling that it will not stop there. 

I am not surprised. Men in the mafia world were aggressive. They were cruel. Women were objects in their eyes. In their eyes we were the ones that gives them sons. That gives them a heir.

Is this how my life will be from now on?

Is this how I will live?

Without love?

Without the care that I need. The care every woman needs.

The body next to me shifted before sitting up on the bed. His tired eyes looked at me as he stared at my face in confusion.

"After the many times I told you to sleep, you stayed awake?" He spoke with his morning groggy voice which did something to me.

I shook my head as I looked down.

"I don't trust you. You lost it the minute you decided to run away from me" Dante spoke as he approached my bedside table.

"I am only untying your hands so you can eat for the flight." Dante spoke as he untied the ropes as my arms fell to my side.

I winced at my bruised wrists as they felt the cold wind hit against them.

I blew on them as now I just stared at them in pain.

"Flight?" I asked as I realised what he said

"I was going to tell you last night but you decided it was best to make a useless attempt to run." Dante spoke dryly before entering the bathroom.

He needs to get over it honestly.

I knew I wouldn't be able to run away successfully but still took the risk.

I knew that I had no where to go but still took the risk.

I knew that it will make him angry but I still took the risk.

Dante walked out of the bathroom with a towel low on his hip showing his v line. His abs full and his arms showed that he worked out regularly.

I shifted my eyes. I shouldn't be looking at him. He is a stranger. He is a monster.

"Come on get up and get ready to go down" Dante spoke as he put on his clothes.

"I don't feel like going down, I have a headache" I spoke as I closed my eyes and pressed my forehead.