Chapter 17

"Yes, let me change and buy this and then we can go to eat" Kieandra answered as she turned to the changing room.

I turned to Alessandro who was speaking to one of the employees. He turned around to me and gave me a smile before taking a seat next to me.

....

Right now we were sitting at a table eating our lunch quietly. 

I had a cheeseburger, Kieandra had a wrap and Alessandro refused to eat even after me convincing him to. 

I could feel the tension between the two. They would accidently make eye contact and then look the other way. It didnt go unnoticed by me. 

A smile appeared on my face as I stared at the two.

Alessandro's phone rings to which he answers. 

"Yes, we are eating lunch right now"

"Yes I know" 

"Yes they're eating" He glanced at me and Kieandra as we now looked at him.

"Ok" Alessandro handed me the phone to which I shook my head at him. I didn't feel like speaking to Dante right now.

"I will speak to him at home anyways" I whispered to Alessandro and he put the phone towards me more.

"Come on, your husband can't live without you for too long " Kieandra spoke to which I rolled my eyes at her before taking the phone.

"Hello" I spoke uninterested as I rolled my eyes once again before glaring at Alessandro

"Angel" Dante's raspy calm voice spoke.

I didn't respond and waited for him to continue.

"What are you doing?" Dante now asked calmly through the phone.

My eyes rolled again as I had the urge to scream at him through the phone. 

"I am eating" I dryly spoke as I took another bite out of my burger.

"Hurry up, We have preparations to do for the ball" Dante let out a sigh before telling me to give the phone back to Alessandro to which I happily did.

I looked up at Kieandra who was secretly glancing at Alessandro before realising that I was now looking at her. 

A blush had now risen on her face as she went back to eating.

After we both finished our food we made our way home. The car ride had even more tension than before.

Did they have something between them? It didn't look like a crush. It looked like they both distanced themselves from each other.

Once we reached home I made my way to my room as I carried the shopping bags in my hand.

I opened the room door before letting out a sigh of relief. I went shopping and I am already so tired.

I turned around to see Dante on the end of bed while he was on a call with someone. I walked towards the bed as I placed the bags on the bed before taking a seat on the couch. I tilted my head back as I closed my eyes.

"You had quite an attitude over the phone" I lifted my head and turned to Dante who sat at the edge of the bed as he stared at my now slouched figure.

"I didn't want to talk to you" I closed my eyes again as I tried to focus on my breathing.

"And why is that?" I could imagine his amused face. I kept my eyes closed.

"Because I don't like you" I am suddenly lifted off of the couch and then thrown onto the bed. A scream left my mouth before I saw Dante hover over me as his arms were next to my ears trapping me under him.