Chapter 18

"Let me change and then we will go down together" Dante entered the bathroom as I glanced down at the anklet with a smile.

......

We now were in the ball room speaking to the guests. I stood next to Dante trying next to smile at all the guests as they made comments on mine and Dante's relationship.

I laughed it off every time but now it was getting annoying. The guests were apparently shocked to hear the news of the mafia Don getting married to a Spanish girl like me.

"It was nice talking to you Don" My attention turned to Mr and Mrs Gattani. Mr Gattani was another business man that Dante knew. I was shocked of how many people were in this room. It was filled with people laughing and enjoying their time.

They both left to talk to other people as now it was just me and Dante next to each other.

"Did I tell you how sexy you look right now" Dante bent down to my ear as he whispered.

I rolled my eyes again as I let out a large huff before turning my head to glare at him. "This is the seventh time you called me sexy." I paused " We have only been down for 20 minutes" 

Dante looked amused at me as he studied my face. He was about to speak but we got interrupted by another guest.

It was an elderly man, maybe in his late 40's who was stood next to an elderly woman who looked in her mid 30's.

"Don, congratulations on the marriage" The man shook hands with Dante.

"Mr Lando, how are you?" Dante questioned. I noticed how he spoke to some of his guests with more respect than others.

"I am fine, all because of my wife. She keeps me healthy and up on my feet" Mr Lando laughed as he bought his wife forward.

"This is my wife, Kiah Lando" I turned to the wife now as she smiled at us both.

"Congratulations Don" She spoke

"You have done so much for us and we didn't know how to thank you so we bought you two a wedding gift" She now had a two boxes in her hand.

"I helped because Lando is on of my most trusted men." Dante spoke as I looked from him to the lady.

"Please, I insist" She put the boxes towards me as I turned to Dante awkwardly.

"There's no need" I spoke nearly close to stuttering. I hate these situations. These get so awkward.

"Don, We bought it for you, please take it" Mr Lando spoke as now he made me take the box.

There was a silence for a moment before I realised I didnt say thank you.

"Thank you" I spoke 

Mrs Lando smiled at me. 

"We will speak later Don," The couple went to talk to someone else as it was just me and Dante left again.

I cleared my throat. "I'm going to the bathroom" I didn't wait for a response as I made my way to the bathroom.

I was getting tired already. I dont know but talking to people that I don't even know scares me. Knowing that 90% of the people in the room may have a gun also scares me very much. 

I opened the door to the bathroom as I stopped when I heard another voice. Or voices. I turned my head towards the sink to see Alessandro caging Kieandra on top of the sink as they made  out.

My eyes widened as a shriek left my mouth. I turned around before even giving them a chance to speak to me. My face now red. It was confirmed. They liked each other and now they were making out in the bathroom.