Chapter 47

Dean and Cas lay in bed, Dean listening to Cas's heartbeats, Cas tracing circles on Dean's hand. They lay in comfortable silence for a moment, wondering how it ever took them this long. It was Dean who shifted first, turning to face the angel. As he turned he grimaced from the slight pain that flared up from the movement. The look was on his face for less than a second but Cas caught it and replaced his content look with one of worry. "Dean, are you okay, does it hu-" "Cas, buddy, I'm fine, it's just, ugh" Dean laughs, almost nervously, and subconsciously rubs the back of his neck, "it's just um, been a while, i'm good." At this Cas lay down again, cuddling back into Dean. 

"Dean?" he said calmly, Dean looked up to meet his gaze. "I don't think you can call me buddy anymore. Especially not after that..." Dean laughs at the look on Cas's face and leans up to kiss him. The way Dean felt was nearly indescribable and yet it was completely matched by Castiel. I get to do this forever  he smiled to himself, forever doesn't sound too bad.

Sam had planned to head back to his flat after the meal and finally catch some sleep, but Gabe had other plans for him.

As he saw Sam saying goodbye the archangel walked over and grabbed his hand, "I want to show you something." Sam would of argued and said he wanted to be alone if he hadn't of caught the look on Gabriel's face first. It wasn't his usual shit eating grin or smirk or even his 'in a strop' face, it was an expression he hadn't seen before. Gabriel looked calm, content, almost like he did in the paintings and stained glass windows. Angelic, or as close as Gabriel could get. 

So as Gabe walked out of the building, Sam simply followed. Usually Gabe's mystery plans put Sam on edge, but for some reason he didn't feel like that this time. They walked away from the buildings towards the park before Gabe turned around and smiled at Sam. He almost looked nervous, almost. "I want to share something with you" 

And all of a sudden they weren't at the retreat anymore, they were by a waterfall. A stretch of land Sam didn't recognise. The more he looked, the more beauty he found. This place looked untouched by people and time. The trees towered and the flowers bloomed so brightly in the sun. The only things that could be heard was the fall of the water and the soft movements of bugs and animals through the grass and bushes and trees. 

Sam turned and looked at Gabriel. He was stood, still holding Sam's hand, with an expression of quiet pride on his face. "This is the first thing I ever created. Every single detail was considered and measured. It was the first thing I ever truly cared about. It was the only thing I ever cared about, until I stumbled on those hunters and that family." He pauses for a moment, weighing up his words. "No one knows about this place. No one ever has. It doesn't have a name or a point on the map. It has never been found by humans, and only lightly touched by animals. I used to think I liked it like that but recently I found myself wanting to share it. Why hide something this good, you know? So I decided to share it with you." 

He dropped Sammy's hand and walked to be closer to the waterfall, before turning around again. "I know who I am. I am the guy who leaves when it gets hard, who doesn't take a thing seriously, who flirts with the new guy just to make him feel awkward. But you walked in and you made it different. Made me different. I don't know why or how you did it, but I'm not a big fan of these new feelings" he laughs slightly at the end of his sentence before looking at the serious expression on Sam's face. "Sorry, I just - I want you to know that I am more than who I come across as. I wanted you to know I'm serious about you, if you feel the same that is. If you don't then I'm going to need a hot minute to erase this from your brain so-yeah."

Sam smiled at him and stepped forward to be back at his side. "Thank you for sharing this with me. It's good to know that you have this in you, a serious, caring side." "Don't get too used to it" Gabe jokes as Sam pulls him into a kiss. 

After a few moments Gabe pulls away and they're back at the retreat. "Oh, you not showing me around then?" Sam huffed a little. "You had already trampled a few good blades of grass, I wasn't going to allow you to deface it more" He grinned back at the hunter. "Anyway, the plans I've got for the rest of the day - well let's just say that place is too pure for that kind of thing" And with that he grabs Sam's hand and is once again leading him in the direction of his choosing. This time it was towards the staff flats. "Don't worry Sammy, I'm sure i'll take you there again." 

Sam smiled, staying here with Gabriel might not be too bad he thought. And with that he took a big stride to close the gap between himself and the archangel and then another one to get in front and lead Gabe back at a faster pace.

Hope you're all well :) not much point to this chapter but its not bad lmao