Chapter 32

Neither Sam nor Gabe surfaced from the apartment until late morning, much to the amusement to the hunters, all of whom took great pleasure in making uncomfortable comments. Gabe, who was very much unbothered by their comments, took great amusement from the bright red shade Sam's face had turned.

After saying good morning/being bullied at the office the two headed over to the canteen for breakfast where Ellen smirked and shook her head at them as she served their food. "I'm sure you're both hungry this morning boy's" she mocked. "course we are, one night with me and-""GABRIEL!"

At Sam's outburst the other two laughed. The poor boy would have to get used to how this family ran.

As Sam sat down with his food he looked up to see Dean and Castiel walking in, stood too close to even be considered friends. The pair joined Sam and Gabe, a mix of horror and amusement flickering on Dean's face as he pieced together what Gabriel's sarcastic comments were insinuating.

The four were joined by Meg who was feeling charitable this morning and told the boys about life as a demon and how much fun she had, even if she isn't supposed to think of it as fun now.

The day was a slow one.

Sam was in a complete and utter daze. The poor boy didn't know what to do with himself. He had spent the night with Gabriel. An archangel. Like an actual archangel who is in the Bible and shit. How does that even happen?! He wanted a distraction so sat at the computer filling out forms. His mind however didn't want a distraction so many forms sat left undone.

On the other side of the complex Castiel was fed up of being confused. He wanted to know what him and Dean were, he thought that was a very human response, he liked having human responses.

He buried himself in his thoughts, smiling at the TV show they were watching whenever Dean laughed.

He could write a letter.

Dean wrote a letter and it was beautiful. What better way to tell Dean everything he felt than to put it on paper. Was that too cheesy. I mean sure the chick flick rule had kind of gone out the window and down the road recently but would Dean do his fake vomiting again? Because that wasn't the outcome Cas would like.

One way to find out the angel told himself. He wiggled a bit to get Dean's attention and told the hunter he was going to go and get a book from the library.

"You and your books, they're the great love of you're life, aren't they" Dean joked. Cas smiled in response,  yeah, they're the great love of my life he thought.

As if it's been a year. Sorry