Chapter 27

"Brother?" Castiel uttered again, standing up.

No one had seen Gabriel for years, he had fallen off the face of the universe, surely he had not been here, hiding from the angels, Cas thought.

The surprise on Gabriel's face mirrored Castiel's only for a moment before he grinned at the other angel, "Little brother! Long time no see! How's it been?" Gabriel stepped forward for a hug as Cas stepped back. "How's it been?! No one has seen you for centuries, we have fought hell, we have killed each other and you have been no where. We needed your help to save us and you were here? Heaven has been torn apart and you ask how it's going?!"

Neither Dean nor Sam had seen Castiel this angry for a long time. Dean stood up behind Castiel to show support and looked at Sam to do the same, but Sam was in too much shock to actually move.

Gabe. Gabriel. Angel. Archangel. Sam had kissed an archangel. Sam had been eye molested by THE archangel Gabriel. How could he not have know that Gabe was more than a human? Should that make things more flattering or weirder? Feeling the blush rising on his cheeks, Sam turned away from Dean, he needed a minute.

Before Castiel could yell more at Gabe, Jo and Ellen stood up. "Cas" Ellen started, "I know this has come as a shock but there is no point yelling at him until you have heard everything he has to say" Cas looked at Ellen and just sighed, he was speechless. "Trust me, we didn't give him an easy time when he decided to stay he rather than go and help his family and there is no reason you should but listen to what he has to say", Jo said.

Cas turned to Dean for some sort of guidance. Dean placed his hand on Castiels shoulder and le him to the side. He agreed with Ellen, in a hypocritical kind of way. Dean told Cas going in all guns blazing isn't the best idea, the most recent example being 5 minutes ago. "How ever you do this Cas, yelling or listening then yelling, you've got my support buddy" At this Cas nodded and thanked his friend. 

At the other end of the room Jo and Ellen had turned on Gabe. 

From where Sam was sat he could only hear clippings of "be serious" "he has every right to be upset!" "you let him ask every question he wants and you answer him truthfully!" Gabe may be the archangel but there was no doubt about it that Ellen and Jo were the ones with all the power.

Jody got up and went over to Sam. "You okay there?" she smiled. "s'alot to take in is all" Sam muttered in response. She smiled again at Sam, a motherly vibe flowing out of her. "You'll get used to this lot, when i first got here i was the cop the arrested drunk Bobby, now...now this is my family." At this Charlie and Anna joined in the conversation, "we arrived needing the counselling but were too nosy for our own good  and the adventure of this place, too exciting to leave" Charlie laughed. "yeah", Anna added, "we stuck to this place like glue, messed up our meetings until we got our way into the family. 

Jody turned back to Sam, "We all fell into the family Ellen, Jo, Bobby and Garth made. 8 years ago there was just the 4 of them and then in drips we all ended up here too. It's not an easy place to get used to, but if you stay, well you'll fit right in." Sam looked up at Jody and smiled, "Thank you. I just need a couple of days. Finding Bobby, Gabe being an ange-archangel, its a lot, even for me" he chuckled. "Anything else i should know? Any other non-humans in the group?" he joked. 

"Well there is me" Meg piped up, "I did used to be a demon." Sam looked up at her, there was no hint of a joke in her grin.

Hope you enjoy guys☺