Chapter 28

Dean took another swig from his bottle, "so, just so we're clear, Meg was a demon but Jo blood attacked her and now shes not, Jody was a cop, Charlie and Anna have been to oz and Gabriel is an archangel...that you've kissed. Like on the lips."

"It was to shut him up Dean-" "hey i'm not judging" Dean said holding up his hands. He took another swig, "and the case...?" "yeah no i made up the case" Sam replied. "you and Cas were alway at each others throats, i had had enough and this was the only way i could think of to get you to stop."

"Last week I'd have run you over for doing this, you know that?" Sam laughed at his brother, "Things changed then?" "Oh you know, the freaking supernatural is everywhere...man Cad finding his brother, Gabriel like that. He must be so pissed."

Castiel was So pissed. Gabriel was telling his erratic, dramatic tale of work and Cas was trying to give sympathy or at least feel it but Gabe had just left them. The angels, the family needed him and he'd been no where to be found.

In a way Cas could see whar Gabe had done, he'd found himself a family, outside of the angels. Castiel had done the same. Human families were different, warmer and Castiel knew what it was to choose that over heaven but not to this extent.

The angels spent the day together, no one saw them as they'd locked themselves in the room.

For the first time ever Gabriel was sincere and completely honest and open. Castiel was surprised.

They listened to each other and argued and more than once passers by could have sworn they saw the room shake.

But finally after 25 hours in the same room the two angels emerged, quiet with each other but not trying to kill each other.

Gabe scooped Castiel into a hug and thenboth walked their separate ways in search of alone time. They had thought and fought in that room, now there was a need for alone time. It had been a long day and so much had been discussed.

Gabe found himself in his room. Castiel found himself on a bench.

Neither were angry at the other any more, both were tired of arguing. So much had been uncovered as their stories fitted into place.

Castiel say for a while, the summer night getting darker and darker until he finally picked himself up and headed back to the lodge. He wondered slowly through the streets, admiring the stars. They always shone when you need to see them he thought. At least they always made sense in the growingly confusing world.

He finally found himself in the bedroom and quietly slipped off his clothes before slipping into bed next to Dean.

Dean had been lying awake waiting for him but he knew best not to talk or ask questions. Having everything flipped on its head is a hell of a lot to deal with. So instead he pulled Cas into him and wrapped his arms around him.

They both fell asleep before Dean's arms got to the painful kind of numb.