Chapter 23

In the next few days Dean and Cas explored the retreat.

They watched a movie at the cinema, went out for lunch with their newly made friends and tried out some of the activities.

Their favourite was the shooting range. Dean didn't stop laughing as Cas struggled to put in the bullets, much to the angels frustration.

Dean was easily the best shot in the room. Even the instructor, Rufus, was impressed with Dean. He begrudgedly told them how he'd been using a gun for longer than Dean had lived and he'd never seen such a good shot. You could see the amazement and annoyance fighting in Rufus's features. Needless to say both Cas and Dean walked out of there very smug.

They decided to celebrate their mini victory with a drink or four with Sam, Charlie and Anna.

The five of them didn't separate until the early hours.

Neither Dean nor Sam could remember the last time they had been able to go out with friends and just be generally happy without fear of monsters. "Sure there is still the case" Dean thought but in that moment it didn't matter, Sam was happy, Cas was so relaxed and they were with pretty awesome friends.

At the end of the night Cas had to carry dean back. He had been too busy enjoying himself and watching Sam and Dean do the same that he had not watched the glasses change in Dean's hand.

That's not to say he disliked his current situation.

He had Dean in a cradle, the hunters arms were wrapped around his neck, fingers locked into his hair, gently playing with it. Dean was concentrating on Castiel's face as if it was the most interesting thing in existence, because to Dean it was.

The look of deep thought on Dean's face made a grin appear on Cas's. Dean was cuddling into him looking at him as if he was all the stars and more.

"You're beautiful." The hunter whispered into Cas's chest, blushing as his revealed secret. "Thank you Dean, but I think you mean my vessel is beautiful."

At this Dean frowned. "No." He said almost angrily. "You are. The smile on your face, that is ALL you. Of seen the vessel when you're not in it, it's no where near as pretty as you."

At this Cas was blushing. "Dean how much did you drink?" He chuckled again. Dean just shrugged into his chest and Cas could have sworn he heard Dean mumble "Liquid luck."

He placed the tough 6'1" hunter gently on the bed. He was blissfully asleep, looking so much younger. Cas couldn't help but smile. This was the man had saved the world, fought Lucifer and been to hell and back multiple times. It was also the man who is an adorable drunk who claims he can't walk and calls Cas pretty.

He lay in the bed next to him and cuddled up close for warmth.

The morning came all too quickly.

Both greeted it in the same way: groaning and hiding their faces under their pillows. However there was only so much a pillow could do for you and soon enough both the boys had to crawl out of bed to search for the paracetamol and coffee machine.

It was a mistake to go out and drink the day before their session with their new counsellor.

Bobby had apparently been back for a day or two but no one had seem him as he'd stayed in his house sleeping, catching up with Ellen and Jo or talking with Rufus. What about no one was sure. Bobby definitely seemed to be a mystery.

They slobbed around the cabin for the morning. Dean cooked them a big breakfast as Cas went around watering the plants.

At about 1 Cas out down his book and Dean put down his research and they made their way upstairs to get dressed. They quickly bobbed into the cafeteria for a bite to eat before wandering over to the councelling room 7.

They knocked on but no answer came. When Dean tried the door they found it was open so decided to go inside. They settled down into the chairs, neither sure what was about to come, what would Bobby be like? What are they about to admit too?

Five minutes had passed before they heard the door open and a short man with an old cap and beard walked in. He turned to look at them both and his mouth dropped open.

Cas, in confusion looked at Dean to question what Bobby was doing.

Dean's eyes widened a little before his mouth too dropped open.

"Bobby?"
"Dean?"

I realise the last few chapters have been a bit slow but I'm picking the pace back up again. We're starting with the plot twists guys. As always, if you enjoyed let me know through comments or votes or whatever because it always makes me smile.
<3