Chapter 26

The room slowly filled. 

Bobby and Ellen were the first to enter, quickly followed by Jo. The three of them had had a smaller meeting in day to go through what needed to be done. They had spoken for hours about plans and questions they had for the boys, now they remained in silence.

Jody and Garth were next to enter, smiling at the three already there, they knew it was pointless to ask any questions before the room was filled as Bobby would get annoyed at having to repeat himself. 

Sam was next, alone. For the first time since coming to the retreat he felt out of place and awkward. Bobby walked over to him and got him in a firm hug. "Good to see you , son." When Bobby pulled away he saw the shocked look on Sam's face, "what the h-" "wait until everyone is here, easier to explain then." At this Sam, still very much confused, nodded remembering there was no point arguing with Bobby, and took a seat next to Jo, someone who he had really started getting on with.

Meg and Cam wandered in next. Meg turned and smiled at Sam's confused expression before winking and sitting down. The same expression was still etched on his face at the entrance of Anna and Charlie. Anna smiled sheepishly while Charlie shrugged, muttered hi and slumped in the chair next to him.

Cas and Dean all of a sudden seemed to burst into the room. Castiel wearing a polite smile, Dean with his "grumpy because what the hell is happening" face. If anyone was oblivious to dean's feelings they were made well aware from the groans their hellos got as he went over to his seat and sighed himself into it.

After a few minutes of silence Bobby cleared his throat, "Well, we may as well begin." He looked over at the empty chair and sighed, "we all know what he's like."

"Right, boys, long time no see" Bobby addressed Sam and Dean, "what's what with you two?"

As Sam went to answer Dean piped up. "Why should we be the ones to go first? You let us believe you were dead! We needed you Bobby and you just left!"

Ellen knew the look on Bobby's face and put her hand on his arm. She turned to Sam, "is this how you feel too?" she smiled. Sam moved uncomfortably in his chair "in a more polite way, kinda."

Dean rolled his eyes, trust Sammy, always got to be nice no matter what, why should they have to go first?!

Ellen continued her as she turned towards Bobby. "You go first then", the subtle look in her eye telling him he had no choice. Bobby huffed but, not wanting to cause a scene, he nodded. "Boys this is a counselling camp and its what we do. But everyone is this room hunts on the side...or as on the side as hunting can be. We all found each other in Ellen's bar one night and agreed the hunting life, well its just no life to lead. But not one of us could just give it in. This was an idea that became a plan that became a reality. No trouble is going to come knocking at a pride counselling camp but at the same time we can still keep our eyes peeled."

Bobby rubbed his face, "Its not what any of us saw for ourselves but we made a home. A safe home. Something none of us ever thought we'd ever find again." He looked up at Sam and then Dean to assess their reactions.

Sam was one of thoughtfulness and almost envy. His thoughts were running around his head so fast he could barely keep up with what he was thinking. He was glad for them, he really was, but he was jealous, he wanted a home, he'd never know that.

Dean was one of annoyance, anger and bitterness. Bobby had been like a father to the boys, he had always cared for them and protected them best he could but at the first sign of a home he ditches them?! How could Bobby ever claim he cared about Sam or Dean when he so willingly left them behind?

Cas could feeling all of this negative energy pouring out of Dean but before he could do a thing to stop him Dean was making his feelings very well known. Cas considered trying to calm Dean and stop him so he could think for a minute but he knew there was no point. When it comes to emotions Dean does not think first, he just yells. 

After Dean had gotten all of his bitter thoughts out the room went silent. No one dared to utter a word. Bobby wasn't known for being calm in the face of anger.

"Listen boy. I always ALWAYS did my best by you boys. I tried to give you everything i knew you could never get. You were my boys and there was nothing i wouldn't have done for you. The opportunity for a home came along and if you think for a second that  i didn't want you or Sam to be  a part of it- there was nothing i wanted more. I tried to find you, but John didn't want to be found, i assumed you were with him and there was nothing i could have done. You two were my whole family and safety is what i could never give you and then you disappeared right as i got the chance. I will not apologise for you feeling i abandoned you, grow up. I wouldn't have done everything i did for you boys to then just walk off and i will not have you accusing me of otherwise."

With that Bobby stormed off leaving a silent room in his wake. Dean got up to follow in the older man's footsteps "Don't you dare" snapped Ellen. The authority in her voice was not to be challenged and Dean quickly slumped back down. "Just because he's gone off to sulk does not mean you do to. We want to hear your side of the story and he only has himself to blame for missing it. You two better sort yourselves out but while you're here, fill us all in."

Not wanting to leave the group sat in stony silence Sam started the conversation. Bobby had told all of the group about the boys and their childhood so neither Sam nor Dean had to relive their mothers death or their motel lives. Sam started with John coming back one night with the news of Bobby's death and went from there. He explained the hunting, the life, where they had been, the annual Vegas trip (and the Becky shaped one). At the mention of Vegas Dean started to join in. He joked about the dive bars and the fake IDs they both had. They rambled for a while about the general life until Garth interrupted. "What about hell?" he commented. At this Charlie chipped in "Yeah, tell us about hell and how you met Cas and beat Lucifer."

Sam and Dean looked at each other and started up again, this time Cas chipping in. The three men's story of hell and angels and death and family had the room mesmerised, you could have heard a pin drop. Although no one made any movement at the sound of footsteps. No one fully realised anyone was joining them until the door swung open.

The group looked up in almost surprise, no one however was more shocked than Castiel.

"Brother?"

I know its been a while, but as promised here you go. If you have any questions/any ideas you want me to try and either add to this story or write in another just comment. I love hearing what you all have to say and i love getting notifications aboutvotes and comments. Thank you all for the support ♡