Chapter 8

Sam was still chuckling to himself as he walked towards the canteen, mentally hitting himself for not checking there first.

Over the last couple of days Sam had come to learn that the love of Gabe's life was sweets, in fact any kind of dessert really.

Gabriel was still determined to get to know Sam, something that Sam wasn't here for. If he was completely honest with himself Gabriel intrigued him and he would like to get to know him more but that wasn't part of his job.

What didn't help was that at the last meeting Gabe had decided that he would be Sam's trainer and go to man if he needed help for anything. So far Sam had managed to avoid asking for help but today he had no choice. He had gotten an email this morning asking him to check the emails of applications so that he could tell the staff who was coming and they could decide who was in and who the retreat wasn't the right option for, and he didn't know how to get onto the files.

Sam knew that most staff came amd went and only a few stayed but he was surprised at how all the staff were treated like family. Another brilliant suprise for Sam had been the living area. It was a block of flats, each one had a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and living room. They were spacious and just to the side of the retreat. The work was also interesting and Sam couldn't lie: he was enjoying himself a lot.

He dragged himself out of his thoughts as he pulled the door open to enter the canteen, seeing almost immediately Gabe talking to Ellen. Actually the more he looked the more it looked like arguing. Sighing, Sam walked over to see what kind of trouble the idiot had managed to get himself into.

"If I ask now will it get me off the hook?" Sam could literally here the grin. "NO! Even if you had asked it would've been a no. Can we not go more than two days without you stealing from the kitchen" "I don't steal, I just believe in the idea of what's yours is mine-" "Don't give me that boy, you've been taking things from day one, it's too little too late to come up with excuses now. Why have you got to be such a child all of the time! For once could you act your age?!" Ellen sighed angrily. Gabriel smirked before replying cockily "if I acted my age I'd be a pile of ash on the floor." "And you'd still be in my way then!" She sighed at the inside joke they both shared.

Before anything else could be said Ellen noticed Sam standing awkwardly and a little confused to the left of them. "G'dmorning Sam, you okay?" "Urm, hi yeah, morning. I need some help with getting onto the application emails because I'm heading the presentation for it tomorrow and Gabe is the go to guy apparently..."

Gabriel turned and grinned, a brownie in his hand, "That I am Sammy, that I am." "It's Sam actually." "Come on then young one I will show you the wonderful world of email" the short man began towards the door, a definite spring in his step. Sam sighed as he followed him out, easily overtaking Gabriel with his long strides, grateful he didn't have to watch Gabe practically dance his way around the retreat.

Walking in front turned out to not quite be the advantage Sam expected. A quite little chuckle caused him to spin around suddenly and find what was so funny. What he saw made him blush.

Gabriel was, quite obviously, staring at his arse, evidently enjoying the view.

"Do you mind?" "Not at all." "Well I do. Stop staring at me!" Gabe looked up to Sam's face a guilty smile firmly on his face. "Im not gonna lie to you Sam but your ass is nice, in fact... all of you is nice. "

Breaking eye contact, Sam looked down and blushed. He coughed a little before saying "You're walking in front." Gabriel quickly began walking, flaunting every thing he had just for Sam, and dammit he couldn't help but watch.

As they walked past the cabins they saw Dean and Cas walking out, Dean had changed his shirt.

He had decided that he would be the one to change for the simple fact that it would be easier than to get Cas to. He had accidentally spilt some lemon juice and then coffee down his shirt when clearing up and had had to change into a black t-shirt and an open grey shirt over the top. He had however made sure that Castiel had straightened his hair a little because it really did look like bed hair and as adorable as that was, he couldn't walk around with it.