Sweet

"Will you be my valentine?"

"Hah?"

At first Alicia thought it was just one of his silly jokes. She never really did care for jokes anyway, she mostly focused on the serious side of everything. But the problem was...

"I have no time for your crap, Ali."

"I'm serious."

The one thing that made Alicia want to hit herself at that time was the fact that she had no idea what to say next. For the first time in a while she was speechless, very, and utterly speechless.

She looked at him, searching for a single trace of seriousness, and it was written all over his face.

Alicia smirked at a desperate attempt to just say something."So you admit you like me?"

"Yes."

Once again Alicia couldn't find the words. She had always found him cute but never really did think too much of it.

Few things caught Alicia's attention. If you walked slowly and surely toward her with a full purpose of how you should treat her, she wouldn't care about you.

But if you only sped by, talked to her, made her confused, curious, insecure, and absolutely tangled her up, she'd be interested.

There was always something about Ali that made her want to know more, he had this personality where he would show you a lot at first and then slowly and gradually decrease as time goes by, and he was funny, she would say.

Alicia was different, she was like a house with covered windows and a door that's always shut. But once in a while she would let someone in, just once in a while.

Guess she could give him a chance.

She looked everywhere but at him and with a tint of red on her cheeks, she breathed,

"Okay..."

___

Alicia was already regretting her decision. Why did she accept? What in world was she thinking?
She had rummaged through the deep parts of her closet to find at least acceptable clothes for a date.

Was it a date? Why didn't she ask? Fvck.

She held on to a sling bag as she stood near the park, she fiddled with the tassels of her skirt occasionally. There were couples everywhere, everyone was in their own worlds.

She shouldn't have come here. Oh god. Did she dress up to much? She braided her hair, she probably looked so extra.

"You braided your hair? Cool!"

"Ah!" She jumped, she was thinking too much. Alicia looked around, no one noticed, everyone was busy. He had on a blue polo and plain jeans. He smelled nice.

She hurriedly donned on a teasing look, "I thought you were too scared to come?"

"Says the one who dressed up a bit too much."

Alicia's eyes widened." I was talking out loud?"

Ali smiled, "You sometimes do when you overthink, I just don't say anything about it, you might get mad." He gave her a red bag which she did not notice he was holding and said," You look nice Alicia, I don't think it's too much."

She looked down at the bag it had chocolates and a big box, most likely another box of chocolates. She blushed and quickly thanked him.

Oh wait, the chocolates!

She reached into her sling bag and pulled out a thin box, giving it to him as swiftly as she could.

"I didn't think you'd give me anything so I only bought just one. Don't swallow the paper too, I figured you'd probably do that."

"Oh wow! Chocolates? From Alicia? This is a great honor!"

Alicia looked away, "Don't get used to it."

Then both of them burst out into giggles.

"So where do you want to go?"

"I don't know... You didn't plan anything?"

Ali started walking."No, I did. Just wanted to know of you wanted to go somewhere you want first."

"That's– actually pretty sweet."

"Thanks."

___

Yes, it's definitely really short. Hence it is classified as a 'short'. I haven't updated in a while so I'm gonna update probably on Wednesday or Thursday, the one-shot ranges from probably 1000-3000 words.

Anyways, Happy Valentine's Day!♥️

[Mikayanji]