Chains

Exams are getting the better of me, they suck out my motivation for oneshots.

Enough of that. Sorry for the long wait.

Enjoy!~
____________________

The fallen ones, with the darkened wings, were scum.

Alicia watched the fallen below, observing how they would go about their normal lives and how they acted not so differently from them. The Holden was this giant platform that hung in the sky, held up by chains that led somewhere unknown. Many have tried to find out where they lead to, but the chains seemed to be never ending. She and her father lived in the Holden, with all the other purebred, while the fallen were below.

She wonders how they were called fallen when they could fly the same as the others, they only had color in their wings.

Alicia had been praised many times by her father's colleagues for her intelligence, her efficiency and how pleasing she was. Of course they meant her wings, the purebred take pleasure in seeing another purebred.

Alicia's wings were white, clean as they could be, if one dare say that the ends had a bit of cream, they would surely be silenced. They did have a kind of cream color, but this apparently didn't look very pleasing to the eye by her father. Since then, she'd wear a yellow sash, to make it seem like the cream were just the light reflecting off the sash.

But what could she do but comply?

"Alicia." Her father's stern voice washed over her as she tore her eyes away from the window, all too reluctant to look somewhere else.

"Yes, father?"

"I've silenced the petty servant, rest assured." He said, walking towards his daughter, his hands gently caressing her wings. His hand came across a particular feather on the underside of her right wing.

"Ah!" Alicia yelled out in pain as he ripped the feather off. She looked towards her father with spiteful expression, tears begging to come out.

Her father stood there with a pitiful expression on his face, in his hands he held a bloody brown feather. "Next time you show yourself, make sure to check whether this feather has grown or not. They don't like the color."

Of course. This was normal for Alicia, she had a single feather that stood out from the rest. A glaring brown that hid on her wing's underside covered by the cream feathers, whenever she would move too much, the feathers would move away and someone would see the abnormality.

The ripping off was a casual thing.

She had to do it, lest the other purebreds would speak out.

"Why do you even have that feather anyways, you're supposed to be a pure one. Such a disappointment, just like your mother-" Alicia's father stopped talking abruptly, he glared at her then left.

In the Holden, this was normal.

It is said that the first two angels were the the Lord and the Lady, a purebred and a fallen. The Lord's wings were said to be the purest of white, that a prolonged look could make you go blind. The Lady's wings were an assortment of different colors, radiant and beautiful. They were the ones first created and the ones who started their race.

Alicia walked down the halls of the Holden, suffocating in the presence of the tapestries hung on the walls, angels with pure white wings.
It hurt her eyes.

"I just have a letter for the general! It won't take long!" A voice echoing through the halls. She turned a corner and saw two of the purebred guards blocking a boy's path.