Timeless

Ali dug in the boxes that contained spare parts. He was looking for a c-type cord to power a new gadget he was working on. He was all alone in the techno classroom, there was a strange pillar of metal in the corner of the classroom, it size was twice of Ali's hight.

Ali refrained from touching the large object and continued rummaging for the cord. He and Alicia argued two hours ago, it was something meaningless actually, just a competition to save each other's ego.

But as a result, his heart was a bit heavy from the words. He knew Alicia didn't mean it, yet something about it felt hurtful.

Their relationship has always treaded a strange and fragile road. It was like walking on a piece of thread that you can only see up close.

Somehow, Ali and Alicia could call themselves friends through some heavy persuation, since both of them wouldn't say it first.

"Ali?" The door to the a classroom slid open. There stood Khai, his messy and unkempt hair stood out and dark circles surrounded his eyes. His glasses were lopsided as he carried inside a small tool box. R-O, Khai's robot followed behind him.

"Khai? You look..." Ali was hesitant to ask.

The other techno agent gave a helpless smile and went to the corner of the room. He slapped the big pillar that sounded hollow at the impact, then it glowed a green light.

"I was up a long time building this thing." Khai smiled proudly at his work.

"Thing?"Ali knew Khai enough to know that he doesn't have a single creation unnamed, even the fails were named in honor of the working ones.

"That's... I don't really know anymore. It just came as an idea out of nowhere, I even dreamt of it a couple of times. It contains a lot of valuable parts, I don't even know what it does yet." Khai sighed sat down on a chair.

Ali took a good look at the pillar, sure enough, if he looks closely there were commands written around the pillar. It was small but it wasn't hard to notice since it was glowing.

Ali held out a hand to touch it and jerked back after he felt it burn.

"I should've told you not to touch it, it has powdered azurium as the core. No one really wants the powdered once because they don't emit a lot of power. They burn like hell though."

"If it doesn't have a lot of power, can it still work?"

Khai yawned at smiled at Ali, "It will, but only once. It should do something, but right now I just have to make a few adjustments here and there, before I try it out."

"Wait, didn't you slap that thing before?" Ali exclaimed, looking frantically at Khai's right hand for any burns.

"That was just to rile it up, it won't hurt when it's not glowing, it'll dim later. To turn it on, I got to slap it real hard."

Ali breathed a sigh of relief at the explanation and again asked another question, "How do you turn it off?"

Khai smiled awkwardly at the inquiry,"I don't. It's meant to be a onetime use."

Ali took one more look at the pillar and his eyes wandered off to the table.
"Can I use that cord?"

Khai looked at his tool box and gave gave a cord to Ali. "I don't really have anything to do with it so it's yours now."

"Thanks. You should go to sleep, you look like you haven't slept for a day." Ali joked.

"Nah, It's more like thirty hours, but no biggie."

"That's worrying."

______

"Have you seen Khai around?" Moon asked Ali, she was all giddy as usual.